TIA after surgery

  • raphillips00
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 21, 2005
      Hello,
      I was hoping that some of you would be able to shed some light on some
      things that have been going on with my children. Both my son and
      daughter had surgery for Moyamoya last summer. We are leaving for Salt
      Lake City in a week to get their yearly check ups and just a few days
      ago my son had a TIA. I have never seem him have symptoms before, but
      he also had two full strokes before his surgery. I was just wondering
      if any of you have experienced the same thing and what took place after
      the yearly check ups. Hope everyone is doing well.
      Sincerely,
      Rebecca Phillips
    • EDNA mojica
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 22, 2005
        Hi Rebecca:
        I am sorry for sounding funny, but what's an TIA??
        Please reply.
        Edna

        raphillips00 <raphillips00@...> wrote:
        Hello,
        I was hoping that some of you would be able to shed some light on some
        things that have been going on with my children. Both my son and
        daughter had surgery for Moyamoya last summer. We are leaving for Salt
        Lake City in a week to get their yearly check ups and just a few days
        ago my son had a TIA. I have never seem him have symptoms before, but
        he also had two full strokes before his surgery. I was just wondering
        if any of you have experienced the same thing and what took place after
        the yearly check ups. Hope everyone is doing well.
        Sincerely,
        Rebecca Phillips

      • rebecca phillips

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 22, 2005
            Hi Rebecca:

            My Neurologist here in Manhattan, NY is clueless about my disease & surprised that it came back (symptons) which meant that my surgery wasn't successful. I had surgery back in 1999. I didn't have any yearly check ups after that, actually now, I have been looking for the surgeon who performed my surgery & cannot be found anywhere, he's not even at the hospital anymore. I did have 3 mild strokes after surgery but nothing paralyzed (thank god). My neurologist who treated me back in 1999 is going to have a conference with the other Neurologists at Beth Israel Medical Center to discuss this disease to see if they can tell me some answers to this.
            I hope this helps.

            rebecca phillips <raphillips00@...> wrote:
[...]

            718-366-1917 home #
            718-501-7632 cell #