my daughter

  • tlmej
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30, 2005
      My name is Tom Busam and my wife and I just had our five year old
      daughter diagnosed with moyamoya on May 27,2005. We live in Northern
      Kentucky and she was looked at Children's Hospital of Cincinnati.
      Everything I have seen on the internet seem's to have nothing but good
      things to say about Dr. Scott in Boston. We are to meet with a
      neurosurgeon here in town, but they don't seem to be to familiar with
      this disease. I was hoping somebody could let us know if they have
      seen Dr. Scott and their impressions they got. Thank you for your help
      in this difficult time.
    • dareinhart@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 30, 2005
        --- tlmej <tlbusam@...> wrote:
        Tom, I'm so sorry that you and your daughter have to
        go through this. My daughter also has moyamoya, and
        her surgeon is Dr. Scott. She was diagnosed when she
        was six, and is now 12.

        Dr. Scott is wonderful. Aside from being an excellent
        surgeon, he is also a kind, compassionate man. The
        other benefit to having Dr. Scott perform the surgery
        is that Boston Children's is very experienced in
        taking care of moyamoya patients. Their
        anesthesiology department designed the anesthesia
        protocol that is used throughout the country.

        Dr. Scott is very approachable, you can e-mail him, or
        call, and he will call you back. It is definitely
        worth talking with him, and he'll speak to your
        doctors there, if they want to speak with him.

        If it helps, I can tell you that our daughter is doing
        very well. She is now in seventh grade, and is a
        happy outgoing, almost teenager. Unless we tell
        someone, no one would ever know what she's been
        through. She has a few minor learning issues due to
        strokes she had prior to surgery, but they are blips
        on the radar screen.

        I'll keep you in my prayers.

        Denyse
        > My name is Tom Busam and my wife and I just had our
        > five year old
        > daughter diagnosed with moyamoya on May 27,2005. We
        > live in Northern
        > Kentucky and she was looked at Children's Hospital
        > of Cincinnati.
        > Everything I have seen on the internet seem's to
        > have nothing but good
        > things to say about Dr. Scott in Boston. We are to
        > meet with a
        > neurosurgeon here in town, but they don't seem to be
        > to familiar with
        > this disease. I was hoping somebody could let us
        > know if they have
        > seen Dr. Scott and their impressions they got. Thank
        > you for your help
        > in this difficult time.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • chbrigger
        Message 3 of 4 , May 31, 2005
          Dear Tom,

          As you may have read in previous posts we have two children with
          moyamoya and their neurosurgeon was Dr. Scott. He is an wonderful man
          and Dr. Our kids have done very well since surgery and we were very
          happy that we decided to go to Boston for the surgeries. Katie was 2
          1/2 for surgery and Erik was 5. So if you have any further questions
          please let us know. Our thought are with you during this difficult
          time.

          Heather Brigger
          --- In parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@yahoogroups.com, "tlmej"
          <tlbusam@f...> wrote:
          > My name is Tom Busam and my wife and I just had our five year old
          > daughter diagnosed with moyamoya on May 27,2005. We live in
          Northern
          > Kentucky and she was looked at Children's Hospital of Cincinnati.
          > Everything I have seen on the internet seem's to have nothing but
          good
          > things to say about Dr. Scott in Boston. We are to meet with a
          > neurosurgeon here in town, but they don't seem to be to familiar
          with
          > this disease. I was hoping somebody could let us know if they have
          > seen Dr. Scott and their impressions they got. Thank you for your
          help
          > in this difficult time.
        • djkrn2000
          Message 4 of 4 , May 31, 2005
            option, there is a very very good Doctor in Indiannapolis that trained
            under Dr. Scott and does the same type of surgery. She operated on my
            son in 2001(both sides), and he has done extremely well. We were very
            impressed with her and the hospital at Riley's Children's Hospital in
            Indianapolis. We live in Illinois and this was and has been a great
            choice for us. We love Dr. Smith.

            djkrn2000