Re: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] New and thinking of adopting a MM child :)

  • Rena
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2005
      Ann,
      Check out www.moyamoya.com it has a lot of info and a lot of people with experience with MM. Surgery is the only thing I know of to help with MM. Also it depends if the patient has had a stroke or not just what other treatment is needed. My son had a stroke 2 years ago and is still in therapy.
      Rena

      Ann <mome2abc@...> wrote:
      We are considering a Moyamoya baby. I know not all cases are the same,
      we have 2 other SN kids and I know each child and their disease is
      different. But what should/could I expect, look for, treatment needed
      etc. I am gathering facts!! I find the medical website over my head and
      glad I found you!!

      Thanks so much!

      Ann Grabeman