16 year old

  • hmkim2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 20, 2005
      My daughter is 16 years old. She had surgery for moya moya on Jan.
      5th. She was fine up to 3 days after surgery but then had an
      infarct in the left parietal lobe. Now she has guestmanns syndrome
      and has difficulty distinguishing from right and left, writing,
      doing simple math.
      She is a straight A student. The doctor says she will have 80 to
      100% recovery. but I am still worried.
      Has anyone else been in this situation?
    • Nancy McStravick
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 20, 2005
        I'm afraid I haven't heard of this but will pray for a full recovery for
        you.
        Nancy Mc

        >From: "hmkim2000" <hmkim2000@...>
        >To: parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] 16 year old
        >Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:02:57 -0000
        >

        >My daughter is 16 years old. She had surgery for moya moya on Jan.
        >5th. She was fine up to 3 days after surgery but then had an
        >infarct in the left parietal lobe. Now she has guestmanns syndrome
        >and has difficulty distinguishing from right and left, writing,
        >doing simple math.
        >She is a straight A student. The doctor says she will have 80 to
        >100% recovery. but I am still worried.
        >Has anyone else been in this situation?

      • rebecca phillips

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
            my daughter had some of these same issues- however it was never called
            guestmanns