Re: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] Re: Just found you

  • Rhonda Gasiorowski
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2002
    • Rhonda Gasiorowski
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 11, 2002
        Hi! Thanks for writing. You said your son has had one surgery. Do they plan on doing the other side? I mostly hear of 2 surgeries. My daughter had one in Jan. and will need another in May or June, depending. Also do you live close to Boston? How long was he in the hospital? THANKS for your time! Rhonda

      • leilei543
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 20, 2002
          No, at this time they do not think that he is going to need to have
          surgery on the other side. My son only had damage on one side which
          is very rare and unusual. He goes back this summer to be tested
          again and I am hoping that the other side still looks good. I live
          about 45 min outside of Boston which did help make it easier to get
          to Dr. Scott for most of his appointments...My son was in the
          hospital for a total of 5 days. He was admitted the day before
          surgery and then had about 3 days of recovery. He ended up staying
          an additional day for them to watch him because he had several TIA's
          after the surgery, but he was up and around by day two, which I found
          amazing.
          --- In parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@y..., "Rhonda Gasiorowski"