Re: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] Pial Synangiosis

  • jane wood
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 18, 2004
      HI Ginny
      Glad to hear your home.
      Chloes angiogram is next week, following this the consultants will reveiw thgis and choose what is best to do next. Hope will is feeling okay
      Take care
      All my love
      Jane

      Ginny McCarthy <vamcc@...> wrote:
      Hi Jane -- my son, Will, had the surgeries on both the left and right sides last year. He had about 12 TIA's since the last operation in October-- all involving numbness in his legs or right hand. In fact, they were increasing in frequency. Most followed a bout of crying. [He is 6.] Dr. Scott was/is his surgeon.

      After the last surgery, Dr. Scott alluded to the fact that the membrane around his brain was a lot thicker than expected and exposing the artery was not as easy as the first time.

      Given the increase in TIAs, he recommended further surgery {basically an additional Pial Synangiosis using a different artery} and operated again this past Monday on his left side. Believe it or not, we are home today- Wednesday!

      So far so good. Dr. Scott mentioned that he was able to do more this time, so we are optimimitic.

      Ginny