Austin update

  • dmvcpa_drogers
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2004
      Good morning everyone. Austin went thru surgery well yesterday, and
      is finally resting after a long night. We had not had his DDAVP, so
      he was needless to say, drinking and wetting all night long. I
      finally convinced the nurse to give it to him around 2 or 3AM, and
      not wait until the this morning. They thought they would wait and
      get him back on "schedule" @ 7, but he REALLY needed the DDAVP. He
      is swollen alot on the right side, and he says his eye feels funny.
      He keeps on touch it...but that was expected with the surgery.

      Dr. Troup was only able to do one side, the right side. His temporal
      arteries were not usable. He immediately consulted with Dr. Scott,
      and they decided on another procedure. We will wait 3-6 months, do
      another arteriogram, and see if collaterals are growing, and make a
      next step decision then. At that point we will know what to do about
      the left side and the right side, if collaterals do not grow, and
      Dr. Troup said he would be in continuous contact with Dr. Scott.

      I am at the Ronald McDonald House now, about the "freshen up", and
      when I left, Austin was drifting off to sleep. I left him with Doug,
      Gran and Papa.

      I will try to post later, to let you know how he is doing.

      Danette
    • Rena

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2004
          Well, his surgery was scheduled for 1:50. Doug & I walked him down at 4:50,
          and surgery started at 6:21. The procedure was finished at 8:00, and then
          they had to close him up. It was 9:00pm before he got to the PICU, then
          about 9:20 when we got to go see him. He was groggy, but he knew we were in
          there. He rested really well last night, and did well.

          I am now at the R McD house, and going to get “freshened up”. Doug and my
          parents are with him now. We will stay in the PICU until tomorrow, and then
          go down to the floor. Thank you all for all your thoughts and prayers. Dr.
          Troup said he did GREAT. Troup said Austin is just a pro now…and such a
          champ.

          Austin is in PICU room #10. We are not able to have our cell phones on in
          there. The number to the PICU is (478) 633-1560. You can ask to be
          transferred to room #10, or ask for Austin’s room.

          Thank you all, again.

          Danette

        • jane wood
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2004
            HI

            Im really glad all went well, it must be a big releif for you that the surgery is over, It is an awful time I remember well, My thoughts have been with you all week, I wish Austin a speedy recovery and I hope you all have a lovely Christmas, All my love Jane and familyxxxxxxx

            Danette Rogers <dsrogers93@...> wrote: Well, his surgery was scheduled for 1:50. Doug & I walked him down at 4:50,
            and surgery started at 6:21. The procedure was finished at 8:00, and then
            they had to close him up. It was 9:00pm before he got to the PICU, then
            about 9:20 when we got to go see him. He was groggy, but he knew we were in
            there. He rested really well last night, and did well.

            I am now at the R McD house, and going to get �freshened up�. Doug and my
            parents are with him now. We will stay in the PICU until tomorrow, and then
            go down to the floor. Thank you all for all your thoughts and prayers. Dr.
            Troup said he did GREAT. Troup said Austin is just a pro now�and such a
            champ.

            Austin is in PICU room #10. We are not able to have our cell phones on in
            there. The number to the PICU is (478) 633-1560. You can ask to be
            transferred to room #10, or ask for Austin�s room.

            Thank you all, again.

            Danette

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • rebecca phillips
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 3, 2004
              Danette,
              Such great news! I thought about you all day yesterday. I wasnt sure of the time change, but I knew that yesterday was very trying for all of you. Thank God the surgery is over and now the recovery process starts.
              My daughter was scheduled for surgery at 9am and we got right in, in fact it was about 9:30 and they had started, but with Koes we were scheduled for 1pm and didnt get in until 4pm. That is such a long wait especially when they havent eaten. These little ones of ours have endured a lot, it is amazing to me how well they deal with all that is going on.
              From the time you wrote that Austins surgery was scheduled for yesterday I kept finding myself thinking of you and how I felt when the days were getting closer to the kid's surgeries. My prayer is that through all of this you all will find joy and peace. I know that prayer is the only thing that keeps me going at times.

              We will continue to pray for you all.

              Your friends in Montana,
              Jay, Rebecca, Koe and Kayo