Re: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] What Medications Is Your Child On Afte...

  • mdkempes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2004
      Annette,

      I haven't posted much in quite a while. My daughter Allison was diagnosed
      last summer (July) and operated on in early November on the right side. So far,
      there are no symptoms
      on the left side. She has been on 1 baby aspirin per day since her initial
      diagnosis. According to Dr. Scott, she will be on the baby aspirin for the
      rest of her life. It sounds like either different doctors prescribe different
      follow-up meds or perhaps, the meds are prescribed depending on the history and
      severity of the condition....would be interesting to ask Dr. Scott for his
      thoughts....

      Good Luck,

      Julia

    • mandy harmon
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
        When I last metioned other meds to Dr Scott he said he prefered the asprirn.
        Other meds have diffrent side effects and that is what he prefered . That
        was a few years ago so he could have changed since then.

        Mandy

        >From: mdkempes@...
        >To: parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] What Medications Is Your
        >Child On Afte...
        >Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:59:01 EST
        >
        >Annette,
        >
        >I haven't posted much in quite a while. My daughter Allison was diagnosed
        >last summer (July) and operated on in early November on the right side. So
        >far,
        >there are no symptoms
        >on the left side. She has been on 1 baby aspirin per day since her initial
        >diagnosis. According to Dr. Scott, she will be on the baby aspirin for the
        >rest of her life. It sounds like either different doctors prescribe
        >different
        >follow-up meds or perhaps, the meds are prescribed depending on the history
        >and
        >severity of the condition....would be interesting to ask Dr. Scott for his
        >thoughts....
        >
        >Good Luck,
        >
        >Julia

        Tax headache? MSN Money provides relief with tax tips, tools, IRS forms and
        more! http://moneycentral.msn.com/tax/workshop/welcome.asp