Re: Starting to Worry

  • DAReinhart
    Message 1 of 47 , Dec 6, 2001
      Leilei, I know just how you feel. My daughter had
      surgery when she was six. She was going along fine until
      8 to 9 months post surgery and then she started
      having terrible migraines. She would literally lie on
      the couch and scream. Dr. Scott told me these
      migraines are difficult to control. My daughter's
      neurologist tried an experiment with diamox. Diamox attaches
      oxygen molecules to the blood stream. She only had to
      take 250 mgs a day and it worked. She took it daily
      for a couple of months and then we stopped and the
      headaches never came back.<br><br>I would ask your
      neurologist about it. It has no side effects. If that hadn't
      worked then she was going to try calcium channel
      blockers which do have side effects. My daughter does
      still get a bad headache once in a while but she rarely
      even asks for tylenol.<br><br>Then last December she
      started having TIAs again. It got to the point that even
      my older daughter thought she was having a set back.
      We increased her aspirin by a half, she now takes
      one and a half children's aspirins a day and that did
      the trick. She still does have one once in a while,
      but dare I say it, not since the beginning of
      October. I probably just jinxed her!!!!<br><br>I hope this
      helps. I know how hard it is to see your child suffer.
    • leilei543
      Message 47 of 47 , Jan 25, 2002
        Hello Ida,<br> I too would love to chat...You can email me here at Leilei543@.... I have a 5 year old son with moyamoya. He was diagnosed last spring and had surgery this past August.