Thanks to all for your posts....

  • momtoplsd
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2003
      It was helpful to know that a second surgery can be done soon after the
      first. I was thinking we had to wait and I was afraid of waiting.

      I ended up sending an e-mail to Dr Scott late last night and he
      responded today. (He's so responsive!) He didn't feel there was reason
      to wait so we will be scheduling the surgery soon. We're waiting for the
      MRI/MRA films to get to Boston which I'm trying my best to expidite.
      Hopefully I'll have a date within the week. It didn't sound like there
      would be a arteriogram first, but I'm not sure.

      With Daniel's initial diagnosis the narrowing was more severe on the
      right side than the left. Also the left side didn't show any MoyaMoya
      vessels while the right side showed some. This is why they only did the
      right side first. We were waiting to see if the left side progressed
      (which I think supports a MoyaMoya diagnosis). Since it did progress
      surgery is necessary. I feel better having it done sooner rather than
      later.

      Thanks again for all your help.
      Kathy