Thanks to all for your posts....
- It was helpful to know that a second surgery can be done soon after the
first. I was thinking we had to wait and I was afraid of waiting.
I ended up sending an e-mail to Dr Scott late last night and he
responded today. (He's so responsive!) He didn't feel there was reason
to wait so we will be scheduling the surgery soon. We're waiting for the
MRI/MRA films to get to Boston which I'm trying my best to expidite.
Hopefully I'll have a date within the week. It didn't sound like there
would be a arteriogram first, but I'm not sure.
With Daniel's initial diagnosis the narrowing was more severe on the
right side than the left. Also the left side didn't show any MoyaMoya
vessels while the right side showed some. This is why they only did the
right side first. We were waiting to see if the left side progressed
(which I think supports a MoyaMoya diagnosis). Since it did progress
surgery is necessary. I feel better having it done sooner rather than
Thanks again for all your help.