Thanks to all for your posts....

  • momtoplsd
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2003
      It was helpful to know that a second surgery can be done soon after
      the first. I was thinking we had to wait and I was afraid of waiting.

      I ended up sending an e-mail to Dr Scott late last night and he
      responded today. (He's so responsive!) He didn't feel there was
      reason to wait so we will be scheduling the surgery soon. We're waiting
      for the MRI/MRA films to get to Boston which I'm trying my best to
      expidite. Hopefully I'll have a date within the week. It didn't sound like
      there would be a arteriogram first, but I'm not sure.

      With Daniel's initial diagnosis the narrowing was more severe on the
      right side than the left. Also the left side didn't show any
      MoyaMoya vessels while the right side showed some. This is why they
      only did the right side first. We were waiting to see if the left side
      progressed (which I think supports a MoyaMoya diagnosis). Since it did
      progress surgery is necessary. I feel better having it done sooner rather
      than later.

      Thanks again for all your help.
      Kathy
    • momtoplsd