Tyler

  • oneofakindco
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 8, 2003
      Tyler is doing well with his recovery, it was a little scary after
      the second surgery, but everything seems to be self correcting so
      far. His swelling is almost gone and he just has a trace of his black
      eyes left. I'm glad it's finally over and hope it keeps going on the
      good track now.
    • dareinhart@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 8, 2003
        --- oneofakindco <oneofakindco@...> wrote:
        > Tyler is doing well with his recovery, it was a
        > little scary after
        > the second surgery, but everything seems to be self
        > correcting so
        > far. His swelling is almost gone and he just has a
        > trace of his black
        > eyes left. I'm glad it's finally over and hope it
        > keeps going on the
        > good track now.

        Glad to hear Tyler's doing well. The swelling sure is
        awful to look at. We tried not to let our daughter
        see her self and then one of the residents ordered
        some physical therapy for her without telling us. We
        went and the therapist had a wall of mirrors. Maddie
        was immediately upset about her face (she's quite the
        princess) and I had to keep reassuring her that it
        would go back to normal.

        Keep up the good work, Tyler!

        Denyse

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • Rena
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 8, 2003
          With Tyler I told him how he looked and let him decide when to look. He's has an eye for detail and would notice his reflection in windows as we walked by them, so he had to know before there was a chance of him accidentally seeing himself. Also by telling him he was able to avoid looking at reflective surfaces until he was ready to see himself. He still doesn't like looking but he knows he's getting better all the time and that's a big help.

          I also wonder what he sees, because he hasn't been able to put his glasses on since the first surgery. That might make him think some of it is due to his bad eyesight and not what he looks like to everyone.