question

  • pmteet@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2003
      HI
      I would like to see if you all agree with me or not. Maybe I am missing some
      info.
      I was under the assumption that MM kids should get MRA's every year through
      adulthood. My daughter, almost 7, had her surgery almost 4 years ago. NOW her
      neuro has said no more imaging is needed. She has shown no change in the past
      couple years. I told him that I did not like that and I want imaging to
      continue.
      If he refuses I plan on getting a second opinion most likely from Dr. Scott.

      Am I missing something? Are yearly MR's no longer required?

      Thanks
      Michelle

      *******

      No one can make you feel inferior with out your permission--- Eleanor
      Roosevelt

    • dareinhart@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2003
        Hi, my daughter, almost 11, had her surgery a little
        over four years ago. She had an angiogram a year post
        op, and has had an MRI in subsequent years. She was
        due to have an MRI in June, but both Dr. Scott and her
        neurologist agree that unless something changes she
        does not need an MRI this year. She will have one
        next year. I think every other year is okay after
        several years of stability, but I wouldn't want to go
        longer than that.

        It just amazes me how they can put our kids at risk
        (no matter how small or great) just to save money. I
        would keep pushing for the MRI studies to continue.

        Good luck. Denyse

        http://calendar.yahoo.com