Re: introduction

  • trekkierick2002
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 21, 2003
      Ginny,

      My three-year old daughter is having surgery in three weeks in
      Boston. We got her a book called 'Franklin Goes To The Hospital'.
      It's a fantastic book to get for children who are going to have
      surgery and stay in the hospital. We purchased it from Waldenbooks,
      but I'm sure any book store should carry it.

      Good luck,
      Ricky

      --- In parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@yahoogroups.com, "xiaoming54"
      <vmccarthy@a...> wrote:
      > My five-year-old son was diagnosed with MM last week by Dr. Scott
      in
      > Boston. We are now anxiously waiting a date for surgery. He has
      > only had one TIA in early February [which was originally thought
      > be a migraine with numbness in his hand] but we got to a
      neurologist
      > ASAP and the testing confirmed the MM.
      >
      > In the weirdest of coincidences, my cousin's son had the same
      > disease & surgery nine years ago. He put us in touch with Dr.
      > Scott. He is now a freshman in high school-- with all A's -- so I
      > have to be optimistic. [My son was adopted from China -- so there
      > is no blood relationship with my cousin.]
      >
      > Does anyone have any suggestions [books, etc] that would help me
      > explain to my son about hospital stays, surgery etc.?
      >
      > Thanks for your help.
      >
      > Ginny
    • xiaoming54
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 22, 2003
        Thanks so much for the book suggestions.

        Ginny