Dr. Steinberg and Dr. Scott

  • mikeiz12
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2003
      Hi Rena, I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. My son was
      diagnosed with MM a year ago. We luckily live very close to Boston
      and took Charlie to Children's first thing. It must have been
      terrifing to be working with Dr's unfamiliar with strokes in
      children. It was terrifing enough and I was at Dr. Scott's
      Hospitol. I asked Dr. Scott for his opinion on a Dr. for a second
      opinion and was given Dr. Steinberg's name. Apparently, they work
      pretty closely together and both work with children with MM. From
      what I gather, and I am NO expert, in addition to the "pial
      synigenosis" surgery that Dr. Scott does primarilly for MM Dr.
      Steinberg alternatively does another procedure. He will send you a
      video that describes the procedure well. My son was not a good
      candidae for Dr. Steinburg's procedure but reccommended Dr. Scott's
      method and it has so far shown promise. No more strokes and blood
      flow. Secondly, Children's Hospitol in Boston has a social service
      department that might be able to help with housing while your in
      Boston. Stay in touch. Sheila