Re: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] Adolescents with MM

  • dareinhart@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2003
      Mary, not sure which daughter you're referring to, but
      I'll put in my two cents. Maddie has not had any more
      strokes since surgery. She does still have TIAs, but
      not like before surgery. We went through a period of
      severe headaches that were controlled by diamox. She
      still gets a bad one once in a while, but nothing like
      before.

      We also went to Dr. Scott in Boston, and we go back to
      see him once a year for a check up. Maddie takes one
      and a half children's aspirin a day. She has a couple
      of issues with school due to the strokes she had prior
      to surgery, but she gets better each year and is on
      grade level. Dr. Scott said if she was an adult she'd
      be in bad shape, isn't it miraculous how well kids
      bounce back.

      Denyse

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com