Re: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] Adolescents with MM

  • RGrace5@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2003
      Thats great your daughter is doing well.Has she had any strokes since her
      surgery? Or any headaches? My daughter is 9 months post surgery and has had
      no new strokes.I thank god everyday that goes by with no new strokes.She is
      takeing asprin everyday. Where was your daughters surgery done?We went to
      Boston Children's Hospital for Dr.Scott.Hope to hear more about your
      daughter.
      Mary

    • dareinhart@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2003
        Mary, not sure which daughter you're referring to, but
        I'll put in my two cents. Maddie has not had any more
        strokes since surgery. She does still have TIAs, but
        not like before surgery. We went through a period of
        severe headaches that were controlled by diamox. She
        still gets a bad one once in a while, but nothing like
        before.

        We also went to Dr. Scott in Boston, and we go back to
        see him once a year for a check up. Maddie takes one
        and a half children's aspirin a day. She has a couple
        of issues with school due to the strokes she had prior
        to surgery, but she gets better each year and is on
        grade level. Dr. Scott said if she was an adult she'd
        be in bad shape, isn't it miraculous how well kids
        bounce back.

        Denyse

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com