Adolescents with MM

  • maggie241015 <aeason@insightbb.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2003
      I read mostly about younger kids being diagnosed with MM. My
      daughter was diagnosed at age 12 two years ago, and had two
      surgeries. If anyone needs support in this area, feel free to
      contact me. She's doing great!
    • djkrn2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2003
        --- In parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@yahoogroups.com, "maggie241015
        <aeason@i...>" <aeason@i...> wrote:
        > I read mostly about younger kids being diagnosed with MM. My
        > daughter was diagnosed at age 12 two years ago, and had two
        > surgeries. If anyone needs support in this area, feel free to
        > contact me. She's doing great!

        Maggie-

        My son was also diagnosed at the age of twelve two years ago. His
        anniversary of his surgeries are this week coming up. How has your
        daughter done?
        Geoff has done very well and had only minor problems since then, and
        the last problem was in November he had what they thought was a
        stroke, but there was no permanent damage and it completely reversed.
        Now they are calling it a reversible intermittent neurological deficit
        or RIND episode. He takes an aspirin a day and also takes nifedipine.
        (a calcium chalnnel blocker to dilate blood vessels.
        Our major obstacle is school. His grades are not the best. He has a
        tutor and we are working on his study skills. He was tested and his
        intellectual ability is high., I think it has to do with him being
        almost 15.

        Debbie