Reaction to anteriogram

  • leilei543
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2003
      Hello...
      Everything has been pretty quiet with my son. He had his one year
      post op anteriogram which Dr. Scott said had shown that the surgery
      was a success. There is one small area that the doctor said is still
      not receiving normal blood flow but it should be fine.
      Unfortunately, he had a reaction to the anteriogram and had
      continuous headaches for almost two weeks. This was in October,
      since then he has been doing ok. I was sitting here at work and just
      thought of all of the obstacles that he has overcome and it made me
      feel like I should take a minute and post something. So I posted
      this to give some of the parents who are in the beginning stages of
      this hope that things
      do work out...keep praying and stay strong. My son has definitely
      been an inspiration for me...he has endured things since he was 5
      that I dont think I would have been able to handle as well as he
      has. I have had the privilage of getting a chance to speak to some
      parents who have emailed me and shared their experiences with
      me...and so far...they have been positive and reassuring that there
      is light at the end of the tunnel. I dont think that I could have
      been able to get through all of this without the support that I have
      found here. He still has headaches but they are occuring farther
      apart which is a good sign. I also wanted to add if anyone has any
      links to sites that they have found on the web that are related to
      Moya Moya or any information that they would like posted please let
      me know and I will add them to the links page.
    • chbrigger
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2003
        Glad to hear everything has gone so well for your son. Thanks for
        writing. It is always nice to hear good things. I wish this group
        would have been around when my daughter and son were first
        diagnosed. Speaking of whom, I thought I would write and share as
        well, after I read your story. Katie had her 3 year post surgery MRI
        last month and everything continues to look great. We celebrated her
        three years post surgery last month with a little family celebration
        with cake. Erik also continues to do great. We are lucky in that
        they have never complained of headaches. We wish everyone in the
        group every blessing in the New Year. We too are thankful to have a
        group to share with. Someone who knows what we are going thru. Take
        care!