Re: Question ASAP

  • harmonmandy
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 18, 2002
      --- What other genetic disorder does your daughter have? My daughter
      also has another genetic disorder that is rare with moya moya. Dr.
      Scott answered all my questions with the anest. when we were going to
      another hospital. He told my what to ask and what to look for. Hope
      he helps you. Mandy

      ********

      > *******
      >
      > No one can make you feel inferior with out your permission---
      Eleanor
      > Roosevelt
      >

      > Check out my auction at...
      > <A HREF="http://www.stores.ebay.com/justcheyamandas">Just Chey
      Amanda'seBay Store</A>

    • djkrn2000
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 18, 2002
        --- In parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@y..., pmteet@c... wrote:

        > Just wondering what everyone was told about anesthesia? If
        anything special
        > should be done will they have tests/surgery. Chey hasn't Had to
        have it done
        > for 2 years so I want to refresh my memory. She is going in next
        week.
        > Iam kinda new so I will give a brief update.
        > She has a lot of problems. She has renal(kidney) involvement and
        has already
        > lost one kidney. The other artery is bad. So they are doing the
        arterialgram
        > to see how bad it is and what the next step should be. She has
        already had
        > surgery on it once.
        > Things are not looking good.
        > Thanks in advance
        > Michelle
        >Michelle-

        Our 14 year old son had 2 surgeries, two years ago and we too were
        told if they ever have any kind of anesthesia, there was a specific
        protocol to be followed, and it should be discussed prior to any
        surgery. Our surgeon was trained under Dr. Scott and is Dr. Jodi
        Smith in Indianapolis, Indiana. She too is wonderful. I am concerned
        about my son too because his blood pressure has a tendency to run
        high, although not high enough yet to check into anything else, I am
        concerned about the renal artery involvement too. otherwise, he is
        doing great. Good Luck.

        Deb
        ********