948RE: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] Re: Optic malformations assoc w/moyamoya

  • Nancy McStravick
    Feb 19 2:52 AM
      Hi Lori,
      I don't know the exact condition but I have heard of a connection with certain eye conditions and moyamoya.
      Sorry I can't be more specific.
      Nancy

      To: parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@yahoogroups.comFrom: jnokes5@...: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 03:00:13 +0000Subject: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] Re: Optic malformations assoc w/moyamoya

      --- In parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@yahoogroups.com, "Lora" <lorabeas@...> wrote:>> Does anyone's child have ocular malformations? My daughter has a visual > defect in each eye. She has optic nerve hypoplasia in her left eye > (which I have been told can be associated with MMD). In her right eye, > she has either a coloboma or morning glory (optic disc anomaly). > She also has other conditions other than just the vision. > > She is still doing well. It has been one month since her last EDAS for > bilateral MMD. > > Thanks, > Lora>Lora,My daughter, Paige, who is now almost 6 yrs old was diagnosed with MMD in early 2006 after suffering a stroke in December of 2005. She doesn't have any malformations however she has an optic pathway glioma(tumor in her optic nerve) but it was caused by another disorder called Neurofibromatosis which she was diagnosed with at age 6 months. I have learned alot about MMD since her diagnosis but I did not know that it also caused optic malformations. I wish you and your family all the best.Your daughter will be in our thoughts and prayers. Best of luck,Jennifer