937Re: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] My daughter's EDAS yesterday

  • Laurie Park
    Jan 17, 2008
      How is Meadow doing?
      Just know that we have all been through the same heartache and that you are not alone. And feel free to pour your heart out any time it needs it! I was pretty strong during Samantha's hospital stay. My emotional breakdowns occurred (and still do) on days like teacher appreciation day when I thank the school nurse for her help and attentiveness to Samantha's migraines. A commercial on tv or movie can trigger an emotional reaction out of the blue as well.

      Keep us posted when you can. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

      P.S. Make sure you get some sleep. Everything looks 10 times worse than it really is when you're overtired.

      Lora <lorabeas@...> wrote:
      Hi everyone,
      I am new to the group. I was referred by another MMD parent.

      My daughter, Meadow, is currently in ICU at Lucile Packard Children's
      (at Stanford). Dr. Steiberg did her second operation yesterday (left).
      She had her first EDAS last Tuesday the 8th.

      I was told that she will remain in ICU again tonight, because some of
      her lab work was abnormal. My daughter also has panhypopituitarism,
      which makes things a little more complicated. Her sodiums have
      flucuated, and she has some increased urine output. Also her
      hematocrit is a little low. Her blood pressures are better today, and
      she is off the IV drip (that keeps it stable.)

      I hope that everything will stabilize soon. She can't have any
      foods/liquids until her MRI today. I have been patiently waiting, but
      almost had a meltdown. I have held up so well...but I think I may have
      held everything in too long. My mom went back with Meadow to give me a
      relief. Writing to you all is my relief! I guess getting everything
      off my chest is relieving. Meadow just looks so pale. It makes my
      heart ache.

      Well, I guess I have just poured my heart out! I look forward to
      meeting others here, it is a scary thing to go through for any one. My
      little Meadow is so strong, she amazes me.

      Take care,