75Re: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] seisures or learning disabilities

  • dareinhart@yahoo.com
    Jul 15, 2002
      --- harmonmandy <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > Does anyone's children have seisures or learning
      > disabilities after
      > surgery? I noticed on a eeg report from my daughter
      > that the left
      > side was considerbly slower than the rest and the
      > report stated that
      > they felt it was concurrent with the moya moya. I
      > have never heard
      > this have any of you? Mandy
      >
      > Hi, Mandy. My daughter has some slight learning
      disabilities due to the strokes she had prior to
      surgery. She has not had an EEG since surgery and is
      off AEDs. Prior to surgery her EEG was markedly
      slowed. I have read that this is one of the signs of
      moyamoya. I'm not sure if it should pick up after
      surgery or not.

      Sorry, don't remember when your daughter had surgery,
      but my daughter had hers 3 years ago. I continue to
      see improvement in her learning abilities. I truly
      believe that some day she will catch up. Denyse

      http://autos.yahoo.com
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic