673Re: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] For those of you that like your Privacy

  • Laurie Park
    Dec 4, 2005
      Thank you so much for sharing this information. I had no idea. I will be sure to pass it on to members of the other sites I belong to.
      Laurie

      oneofakindco <oneofakindco@...> wrote:
      If you belong to any yahoo Groups this is important...

      Sharing a tidbit of information:

      Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons" to track Yahoo
      Group users around the net and see what you're doing and where you
      are
      going similar to cookies. Yahoo is recording every website and
      every group
      you visit.

      Take a look at their updated privacy statement:
      http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy
      About half-way down the page, in the section on cookies, you will
      see a link that says web beacons.

      Click on the phrase web beacons. That will bring you to a paragraph
      entitled "Outside the Yahoo Network."

      In this section you'll see a little "click here to opt out" link
      that
      will let you "opt-out" of their new method of snooping.

      Once you have clicked that link, you are exempted.

      Notice the "Success" message on the top of the next page. Be
      careful
      because on that page there is a "Cancel Opt-out" button that, if
      clicked, will *undo** the opt-out.

      Feel free to forward this to other groups

      Yahoo! Personals