497Re: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] Just Diagnosed

  • RGrace5@aol.com
    Sep 1, 2004
      I absolutely understand there are sooooo many questions.I would be happy
      to help.My daughter was diagnosed 2 yrs ago she also has down syndrome.She had
      surgery with Dr. Scott and has had no strokes since surgery. If you want to
      e-mail me private,RGrace5@... I could also give you my # if you would like
      to talk.Dr. Scott is an amazing person and the best surgeon in the northeast
      for Moyamoya,. We live in NY so we didn't have too far to travel.The recovery
      for this surgery is usually very quick and the pain I know for Kahtleen was
      minimal.At Boston Children's Hospital they are so used to the post surgery
      management that they were right on top of pain managment.That's great that you are in
      touch with Dr. Scott.Has your son been put on asprin and have you been gioven
      any precautions to follow? Please fel free to ask any questions you have.The
      unknpwn is the scariest and the waiting.
      Mary Grace