484Re: I need more info

  • dsrm5482
    Aug 11, 2004
      My son was not dx'd until after a stroke, but I have a question for
      you to ask the DR's.: what would they do differently if it
      is "internal carotid arterial stenosis (but isn't that what MM is?)
      and not MM? It seems to me that if there is a reduction in blood
      flow to the brain, you need to get it there! (ie, surgery). From
      what I've read in the past, surgery has been the best treatment for
      the symptoms of MM. Most patients do very well after surgery. Your
      note doesn't say what led you to get the MRI/MRa's; has he had TIA's
      or seizures?
      To answer your question about has anyone been dx'd b4 a stroke, I
      also reccommend the message board at Moyamoya.com as there are a few
      whose children were dx'd b4 stroke and received surgical
      Good luck to you and your son. another bit of advice I'd like to
      offer is to pray for guidance (& peace!). It sure worked for me!

      --- In parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@yahoogroups.com, "jcamp9193"
      <jcamp9193@y...> wrote:
      > My 10 year old son does not have a definate diagnosis of
      > but they are trying to decide if he has moyamoya or inernal
      > artery stenosis.He has had 2 mri/mra's and a arteriogram.both
      > mri/mra's stated begining stages of moyamoya, the arteriogram was
      > inconclusive.We have an apointment in a couple weeks to talk to
      > Dr.and hopefully I can get my questions answered then but if there
      > is anyone out there who was diagnosed before a stroke I would
      > greatly apreciate any info on what led to a definate
      > now I feel like I am just waiting for something to happen to him
      > am feeling very helpless and am trying to educate myself about
      > moyamoya an internal carotid artery stenosis.I'd apreciate any
      > or experiance anyone has had thanks
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic