176Re: New Diagnosis

  • chbrigger
    Jun 3, 2003
      Dear Olive,

      I have two children with moyamoya and they both had surgery with Dr.
      Scott in Boston. I would recommend calling him, as he could tell you
      if there are any hospitals in the UK. I do believe he has had
      patients travel from there to Boston for surgery. He is absolutely
      wonderful and has performed the surgery many times with much
      success. My two are about two years from surgery and doing great, no
      TIA's or headaches. Please feel free to ask more questions as they
      come up, this is a great group for support. Here is Dr. Scott's
      website and I believe the phone number is there, if not let me know
      and I will get it to you.

      http://www.boston-neurosurg.org/amphitheater/online.html

      Good Luck! Heather

      --- In parentingchildrenwithmoyamoya@yahoogroups.com, olive_turley
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > My niece of 20 months was diagnosed with Moya Moya yesterday in the
      > UK. Do any of you have websites for US treatment centres with # of
      > operations carried out etc?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Olive.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic