170Re: [Parenting Children with Moyamoya] New Diagnosis

  • Rena
    Jun 3, 2003
      Olive,
      www.moyamoya.com is a Great site for support and info. There are links to other sites, however I'm not sure if the numbers are posted on any of them. I do know that Dr. Steinberg at Stanford University Hospital has done over 146 surgeries on Moya Moya patients in the last 10 years. He will be doing my 11-year-old son's surgery on June 18th.

      You found one great support group here and the one I listed above will help too. I hope this helps you on your search for help and information. Feel free to post any questions on either site. Everyone is great about help when they can.
      Rena

      olive_turley <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      My niece of 20 months was diagnosed with Moya Moya yesterday in the
      UK. Do any of you have websites for US treatment centres with # of
      operations carried out etc?

      Thanks,
      Olive.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor