Re: [panflute-world] Panflute made of gold

  • Roar Engelberg
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hallo Kevin, Brad and Costel and all of you!

      I se that I am a bit slow responding at e-mails.
      Any way I see that Mr. Puscoiu has explained the tecnical side of the instrument. It is made by the same material as saxophones and covered / baded in a gold solution. It is tuned with wax. The embouchures are in wood so you do not have any contact with the metalpart of the flute when playing.
      I felt for the instrument first of all for it`s warm and strong sound. And it it very easy playing because it responds imeaditly. This is a big benefit, specialy in the low register.
      Cromatic figures are also more easy to make on this flute.
      Actually; I see only benefits and I am very satisfied with the Golden Panflute.
      The sound is of course different from a bambuflute. But as a proffesional player, any way, I need more instruments with differet "soundcolores."
      I think I will use this flute most in classical music and for more virtuos pieces. When it comes to slow pieces and music linked to South-American styles the I will probably stick to the bambuflutes.

      www.panflute-guitar.com
      www.raoarengelberg.no

      Best Reegards
      Roar

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2005
        Hello Roar, Brad, Kevin, Costel and all....

        Roar, I have some of your recordings and I really enjoy your immense
        talent.
        I so enjoy your Romanian music which is beautifully played. You must
        have some Romanian blood in there!

        The gold Panflute is a fascinating looking instrument and Mr Preda seems
        to go from strength to strength with his innovation and outstanding
        attention to detail. Although I now make my own Panflutes (now an
        obsession), I love the Preda instruments of which I have four and which
        are the ones I play every day.

        Do you know if Mr Preda makes those metal tubes himself. Are they made
        from rolled sheet metal like brass instruments ?

        Best wishes.

        David

        > A very interesting and impressive instrument.
        >
        > Can you tell us more about its construction?
        >
        > Kevin
        >

        > On 29-Sep-05, at 4:25 PM, Brad White wrote:
        >
        > > Hallo Brad!
        > >
        > > My friend in Denmark, who plays with me when I have concerts there,

        > > has
        > > put a photo of my new panflute, made of gold(!) by Preda, in the
        > > Panflute-World Photos? It is the first golden panflute and it is
        > > really
        > > fantastic! I would like to announce it to the group.
        > >
        > > Greetings from Norway!
        > > Roar
        > >
        > > You can see the pics in our photo section under Golden Panflute...
        or
        > > click this link.
        > >
        > > http://tinyurl.com/8hytn

        > > ~-->
        > > Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your
        > > home page
        > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/dnLolB/TM

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Philippe Husser
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2005
          Thanks for this very accurate summary Roar. On my side, I may use this flute
          also in jazz or gospel music…quite compelling !

          _____

          > A very interesting and impressive instrument.
          >
          > Can you tell us more about its construction?
          >
          > Kevin
          >

          > On 29-Sep-05, at 4:25 PM, Brad White wrote:
          >
          > > Hallo Brad!
          > >
          > > My friend in Denmark, who plays with me when I have concerts there,
          > > has
          > > put a photo of my new panflute, made of gold(!) by Preda, in the
          > > Panflute-World Photos? It is the first golden panflute and it is
          > > really
          > > fantastic! I would like to announce it to the group.
          > >
          > > Greetings from Norway!
          > > Roar
          > >
          > > You can see the pics in our photo section under Golden Panflute... or
          > > click this link.
          > >
          > > http://tinyurl.com/8hytn

          > > ~-->
          > > Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your
          > > home page
          > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/dnLolB/TM

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "panflute-world
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/panflute-world> " on the web.

          _____

        • Roar Engelberg
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2005
            Hallo Dave!

            Thanks for nice compliments!
            I have plyed panflute since the age of elleven years and listend to folkmusicprograms on Roumanian radio every evening when I where a kid. Thats the closest to roumanian blod I do come.
            About the Preda flutes: yes it is incredible! Every time I come there the flutes sounds better, are better playing on and allways he has invented something new!
            I think he just borrow the material as metalplates and the he form every tube himselves to the suiteble shape and the right diameter. This instrument was really a big surprise to me. To be onest: the alluminium flute didn`t move my heart. It was very easy to play on and had a big volum. But the sound seemed a bit too cold, unpersonal. I don`t know howe to describe it.
            But this Golden Panflute has all that I did miss at the aluminium flute, specialli the warm tone. And probabely it is no coinsidence that the best flutes trawerso they are made in the same material too.
            When I picked up this flute for the first time I just played pieces I never managed to play before(!) even with years of hard work. So I was really suprised!

            www.roarengelberg.no
            www.panflute-guitar.com

            Best Reegards
            Roar

            > Hello Roar, Brad, Kevin, Costel and all....
            >
            > Roar, I have some of your recordings and I really enjoy your immense
            > talent.
            > I so enjoy your Romanian music which is beautifully played. You must
            > have some Romanian blood in there!
            >
            > The gold Panflute is a fascinating looking instrument and Mr Preda seems
            > to go from strength to strength with his innovation and outstanding
            > attention to detail. Although I now make my own Panflutes (now an
            > obsession), I love the Preda instruments of which I have four and which
            > are the ones I play every day.
            >
            > Do you know if Mr Preda makes those metal tubes himself. Are they made
            > from rolled sheet metal like brass instruments ?
            >
            > Best wishes.
            >
            > David

          • Brad White
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 1, 2005
              On Oct 1, 2005, at 8:51 AM, Roar Engelberg wrote:

              > But this Golden Panflute has all that I did miss at the aluminium
              > flute, specialli the warm tone. And probabely it is no coinsidence
              > that the best flutes trawerso they are made in the same material too.
              > When I picked up this flute for the first time I just played pieces I
              > never managed to play before(!) even with years of hard work. So I was
              > really suprised!

              Now I want one!!! ... brad
            • Douglas Bishop
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 1, 2005
                Hello Folks,

                I wasn't aware that one's blood made for greater skill......

                Douglas
                http://www.panflutejedi.com

                --- In panflute-world@yahoogroups.com, "Roar Engelberg"

              • Dave Pighills
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 2, 2005
                  Thanks Roar....

                  You are a real inspiration.
                  Best wishes.
                  Dave

                  > Hello Roar, Brad, Kevin, Costel and all....
                  >
                  > Roar, I have some of your recordings and I really enjoy your immense
                  > talent.
                  > I so enjoy your Romanian music which is beautifully played. You must
                  > have some Romanian blood in there!
                  >
                  > The gold Panflute is a fascinating looking instrument and Mr Preda
                  seems
                  > to go from strength to strength with his innovation and outstanding
                  > attention to detail. Although I now make my own Panflutes (now an
                  > obsession), I love the Preda instruments of which I have four and
                  which
                  > are the ones I play every day.
                  >
                  > Do you know if Mr Preda makes those metal tubes himself. Are they made
                  > from rolled sheet metal like brass instruments ?
                  >
                  > Best wishes.
                  >
                  > David

                  Yahoo! Groups Links