[panflute-world] Re: Pan Flute in Las Vegas, Nv.

  • American Flying Adventures
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 1999
      Dear Mark,

      go to http://www.dajoeri.com for more information.

      We also opened Dajoeri USA this week and we are able to distribute any
      panflte you see on the web page. Also check out the custom made flutes under
      the PRODUCT heading.

      Best Regards
      Hanspeter Tschupp
      Dajoeri USA
    • kbudd@interlog.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 1999
        Mark Ackerman wrote:

        > Flute! Where can I find a Pan Flute suitable for a beginner? Does
        > anyone know of someone who could instruct me in the Pan Flute in the
        > southern Nevada area? I know that's a long shot, so are there any
        > usable self teaching courses available?

        Hi Mark,

        Given your strong desire to play the pan flute, a beginner's panflute
        should not be much different than a "professional" one. In other words,
        a poor instrument will only make you hate the panflute, and never get
        past being a beginner. A decent pan flute will be easy to play, feel
        good, sound good, and last many years. You can check out my own web
        page for some info www.interlog.com/~kbudd and Joeri Murk's page,
        www.dajoeri.com, and Brad's page...which I can't remember...www.panflut
        e.com? I also wrote a book to get people going in the right direction
        on the instrument, you can private e-mail me for more info, and Costel
        Puscoiu has a series of books avaiilable through Mel Bay publishing.

        As for teachers in the area...I don't think so. The number of people
        who can play half decently in the Americas is very tiny. Damian in
        California might be the closest, and he is probably to busy to teach
        at this point. There is a fellow in LA area as well, Valeriu Apan, who
        also wrote a method book, thoughI cannot speak for the quality, not
        knowing his playing.

        One of your best resources is this group, a lot of bright, committed
        people who love the panflute! Feel free to ask questions, and read the
        archives!

        Kevin Budd
      • panflute@uswest.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 1999
          ackerma-@... wrote:
          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/panflute-world/?start=668
          > I recently heard a recording of Zamfir playing a Telemann Concerto in
          > and a Concerto in F by Corelli/Barbirolli and I was really moved by
          the
          > beauty and power of this instrument.I want to learn to play the Pan
          > Flute! Where can I find a Pan Flute suitable for a beginner? Does
          > anyone know of someone who could instruct me in the Pan Flute in the
          > southern Nevada area? I know that's a long shot, so are there any
          > usable self teaching courses available?
          >
          > Long live the Pan Flute!
          > Hope to be making music soon, Thank you to the group for your kind
          > attention,
          > sincerely, Mark Ackerman.
          > Hi, my name is Marilyn Heed and FI will be participating in the "Age
          of Chivalry" Renaissance Festival in Las Vegas, Nevada, from October
          8th through the 10th and will have Romanian panflutes available.
          These are made from various types of wood, including red cedar (my
          favorite--number of pipes from 15 o 25. Come see me and we can talk
          panflute. Thanks.
          sincerely, Marilyn Heed (panflute@...).
        • panflute@uswest.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 1999
            kbud-@... wrote:
            original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/panflute-world/?start=669
            > Mark Ackerman wrote:
            >

            > > Flute! Where can I find a Pan Flute suitable for a beginner? Does
            > > anyone know of someone who could instruct me in the Pan Flute in the
            > > southern Nevada area? I know that's a long shot, so are there any
            > > usable self teaching courses available?
            >
            > Hi Mark,
            >
            > Given your strong desire to play the pan flute, a beginner's panflute
            > should not be much different than a "professional" one. In other
            words,
            > a poor instrument will only make you hate the panflute, and never get
            > past being a beginner. A decent pan flute will be easy to play, feel
            > good, sound good, and last many years. You can check out my own web
            > page for some info www.interlog.com/~kbudd and Joeri Murk's page,
            > www.dajoeri.com, and Brad's page...which I can't
            remember...www.panflut
            > e.com? I also wrote a book to get people going in the right direction
            > on the instrument, you can private e-mail me for more info, and Costel
            > Puscoiu has a series of books avaiilable through Mel Bay publishing.
            >
            > As for teachers in the area...I don't think so. The number of people
            > who can play half decently in the Americas is very tiny. Damian in
            > California might be the closest, and he is probably to busy to teach
            > at this point. There is a fellow in LA area as well, Valeriu Apan, who
            > also wrote a method book, thoughI cannot speak for the quality, not
            > knowing his playing.
            >
            > One of your best resources is this group, a lot of bright, committed
            > people who love the panflute! Feel free to ask questions, and read the
            > archives!
            >
            > Kevin Budd
            > Hi, Valeriu Apan is an excellent teacher as well as player and
            definately knows his way around a panflute.

            Marilyn Heed
          • American Flying Adventures
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 1999
              Hello Mark,

              Dajoeri USA will soon come out with the first panflute course on video tapes
              in the US. Currently we already have the beginner tape which will be
              released this fall. Check the website http://www.dajoeri.com in about a
              month for more information.
              For more question you may contact DAJOERI USA dajoeriusa@...
              Best Regards