Tonal range

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2002
      Hi all,

      I have a question that is confusing me and I don't mean to act stupid or
      question anybody's integrity or judgment, but if someone could please assist
      me with the following.....
      On the 09th Oct a message was posted by Eric regarding the tonal range of
      the pan flute. My confusion is this, I know the standard 22 pipe pan flute's
      range is from G1 - G4. That means that the descending order is as
      follows....
      G1, A1,B1,C2,D2,E2,F2,G2,A2,B2,C3,D3,E3,F3,G3,A3,B3,C4,D4,E4,F4,G4. As per
      the tonal range posted it shows a C1,D1,E1 on the diagram. Is this correct ?
      If so then why does a standard 22 tube pan flute not have those C1,D1,E1
      notes ?

      Regards Mark
    • Brad White
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2002
        >Hi all,
        >
        >I have a question that is confusing me and I don't mean to act stupid or
        >question anybody's integrity or judgment, but if someone could please assist
        >me with the following.....

        HI Mark,

        The standard G panflute starts on the first G above middle C..

        but of course many instruments are built which include more pipes or start on a lower tone.. The (missing) notes you are refering to are those that were below the beginning tone of that instrument... brad

        Aloha & Groetjes,

        Brad White
        Honolulu, Hawaii & Delft, Netherlands
        The sound of the panflute inspires mystery & wonder...
        http://pan-flute.com
        For AOL ..