[panflute-world] panflute forum

  • meino_eitzen@commerzbank.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 1999
      Hello ones more,
      now I come back to Joeri Murk's answer concerning the curative effect of panflute sounds. Here are the main points.
      A technical approach could be that all matter consists of atoms, movements, electric impulses and energy. A sound/tone is an oscillation of the air. The air too consists of atoms that are oscillating in themselves; additionally they are induced to vibrate/oscillate as a sound.
      We perceive the physical universe by our sences, nerve impulses give them to our brain. There these energy streams have a certain effect: they either activate stored experiences we have made (events that happened to us) or they store a new experience (we have not made before). This also happens by evaluation and comparison of informations we already have.
      Emotions are also energy oscillations, they are influencing our endocrine/nerve system. Emotions are also stored and can be reactivated by similar stimulations, so that it's possible to repeat an emotion because of a certain stimulation.
      Panflute sounds can arouse such emotions. If genetic/cellular information is included, so this infomation also is reactivated and can have an impact on our emotions.
      We all know how the panflute has developped. Originally it was only a single tube to imitate animal/bird voices for hunting. The further development, not only of the panflute itself but specially its aplication (i.e. for ceremonies of worship, etc.) are experiences stored in an cellular domaine.
      There could be also a philosophical approach. This is manifold within an age of any ways of thinking/any mentalities. So there might be lots of opinions. For example: the Greek philosophy can be looked upon as a source of our western/occidental cultural thinking. So you can find a variety of representations of Pan in the Greek mythology: i.e. Pan = devil on the one hand and Pan as god of the shepherd on the other hand.
      In praxi: Joeri told: After his concerts in Florida in december a woman came to him with tears in her eyes and said: "during your concert I have died, ascended to heaven and came down to earth cured/new born".
      That's it for today,
      Meino

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/panflute-world