Re: move head or panflute?

  • elens012000
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2002
      --- In panflute-world@y..., "Dr. Pascal RUZETTE"
      <pascal.ruzette@s...> wrote:
      > Dear Chung-liang,
      >
      > You're right, I noticed on Ulrich Herkenhoff's Panflote video, how
      he relaxed and without straining plays ;-))

      > Instead of a demonstration of powerful playing, he "caresses" his
      panflute with the lips, moving his head and hands without any
      apparent effort.

      > Perhaps some people like to be "strong" while they're playing
      panflute.

      > I attended a concert of Gheorghe Zamfir in 1980. His manner of
      playing was very physical, like in fast tunes as Ciocirlia. But I've
      plenty of his recent CD's, and he can also play like a murmur of wind
      (classical pieces, opera's etc.).

      > I think the relaxed method is good for people who are new in this
      istrument. For Romenian musicians, they have their own way of playing
      and we all love it !

      > Pascal Ruzette, Belgium

      Hallo to you all, Nicolai Pirvu came and paid me a visit at my
      home and we played a little (well, ... I mainly listened ) and I saw
      a big difference between the " normal " playing and the Romanian
      playing. Almost every note begins with a Big T. It's very important
      that every note is played strong. Then, the music sounds not so
      smooth, but more Romanian. When I played Nicolai's flute, it
      appeared to be tuned lower, because he plays so strong.
      To play a # or a bis, he doesn't really lift his flute, but he blows
      downwards ( in the faster pieces). These are some of the differences
      with the playing I knew for years, but my playing is changing. best
      wishes from Belgium, Elen Stephan
    • ±i¥ò¨}
      Message 2 of 10 , May 2, 2002
        Thank you Brad, David, Elen, Dr. Pascal,etc...for your insightful replies.
        Chung-liang

        Message 3 of 10 , May 8, 2002
          Dear,

          Did you new?
          Matthias Schlubeck is comming to Belgium: Brugge - on 31 mei in the
          kathedraal.

          Ik ben vorig jaar ook geweest naar zijn optreden aldaar, fantastisch! Je
          moet zeker gaan kijken!!

          Zien we mekaar daar?

          vriendelijke groeten,
          Luc Leys
          leys.luc@...

          > > You're right, I noticed on Ulrich Herkenhoff's Panflote video, how
          > he relaxed and without straining plays ;-))
          > >
          > > Instead of a demonstration of powerful playing, he "caresses" his
          > panflute with the lips, moving his head and hands without any
          > apparent effort.
          > >
          > > Perhaps some people like to be "strong" while they're playing
          > panflute.
          > >
          > > I attended a concert of Gheorghe Zamfir in 1980. His manner of
          > playing was very physical, like in fast tunes as Ciocirlia. But I've
          > plenty of his recent CD's, and he can also play like a murmur of wind
          > (classical pieces, opera's etc.).
          > >
          > > I think the relaxed method is good for people who are new in this
          > istrument. For Romenian musicians, they have their own way of playing
          > and we all love it !
          > >
          > > Pascal Ruzette, Belgium
          > >

          > Hallo to you all, Nicolai Pirvu came and paid me a visit at my
          > home and we played a little (well, ... I mainly listened ) and I saw
          > a big difference between the " normal " playing and the Romanian
          > playing. Almost every note begins with a Big T. It's very important
          > that every note is played strong. Then, the music sounds not so
          > smooth, but more Romanian. When I played Nicolai's flute, it
          > appeared to be tuned lower, because he plays so strong.
          > To play a # or a bis, he doesn't really lift his flute, but he blows
          > downwards ( in the faster pieces). These are some of the differences
          > with the playing I knew for years, but my playing is changing. best
          > wishes from Belgium, Elen Stephan

        • Brad White
          Message 4 of 10 , May 8, 2002
            >Dear,
            >
            >Did you know?
            >Matthias Schlubeck is comming to Belgium: Brugge - on 31 mei in the
            >kathedraal.
            >
            >Ik ben vorig jaar ook geweest naar zijn optreden aldaar, fantastisch! Je
            >moet zeker gaan kijken!!
            >
            >Zien we mekaar daar?
            >
            >vriendelijke groeten,
            >Luc Leys
            >leys.luc@...
            ---------

            My new translation skills in Dutch (just finished my first class)..bw

            I was also last year to his performance there, fanstastic! You must
            certainly go see him.

            See each other there? .. Friendly Greetings .. Luc Leys

            ------

            Don't know if I can.. but I would love to.. and Ullich is the next day June
            1, here in Delft.. brad white

            Aloha & Groetjes,

            Brad White
            Honolulu, Hawaii & Delft, Netherlands
            The sound of the panflute inspires mystery & wonder...
            http://pan-flute.com
            For AOL click below..
          • Dr. Pascal RUZETTE
            Message 5 of 10 , May 8, 2002
              Beste Luc,

              Dank U vriendelijk voor deze informatie. Ik zal proberen dit concert bij te
              wonen.

              Met vriendelijke groeten,

              Pascal Ruzette, Belgium

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/