[panflute-world] Millenium bug

  • Kevin Budd
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 1998
      This just in:
      Reuters News Service, release code: International Priority

      The millenium bug may unnacountably cause all plastic panflutes to go half
      a tone sharp, according to an expert. Apparently this phenomenon is known
      as "modulation". Anyone playing or owning a plastic panflute may find that
      on January 1st, 2000, their pan flute suddenly plays half a tone sharp. A
      fix is in the works, according to the International Assoc. of Plastic
      Panflute Builders, but it may not be ready in time. Bamboo panflutes are
      immune to this particular bug, as are, of course, Macintosh panflutes.

      Please try to remain calm.

      Kevin

    • dick
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 1998
        Kevin reports:

        > "This just in:
        > Reuters News Service, release code: International Priority
        >
        > The millenium bug may unnacountably cause all plastic panflutes to go
        half
        > a tone sharp, according to an expert. Apparently this phenomenon is known
        > as "modulation". Anyone playing or owning a plastic panflute may find
        that
        > on January 1st, 2000, their pan flute suddenly plays half a tone sharp. A
        > fix is in the works, according to the International Assoc. of Plastic
        > Panflute Builders, but it may not be ready in time. Bamboo panflutes are
        > immune to this particular bug, as are, of course, Macintosh panflutes.
        >
        > Please try to remain calm."

        This I've really gotta see.
        But I'm reminded of something Confucius say:-
        'Man standing with open mouth must wait long time for roast duck to fly
        in!'

        Dick