Photos

  • feest_commissie@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 15, 2001
      It was a great event The Gipsy Festival on Saterday 10the November,
      Amesfoort.
      There are some Photo's at: www.pixum.nl/members/panfluitvereniging

      greetings, Gerrie. feest_commissie@...
    • Ken Webster
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 15, 2001
        Hi Gerrie

        Great Photos, looks like fun even if I can't read the text.

        I have many pieces of music like Flor De Cactus, written for zampona.
        There are two problems with these :

        1 There is some but little clue about timing, relying on
        familiarity with hearing the piece.

        2 There is no standard range for zamponas so you don't always
        know which notes the numbers represent. Most commonly the
        range is D2 - B3 or B1 - B3 in G maj and the numbers run
        down scale from B3 but not always. The system works for
        13 and 15 tube zamponas but not 19 or 21 tubes which go
        both higher and lower in range.

        VI 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
        B3 G3 E3 C3 A2 F#2 D2 B1
        VII 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
        A3 F#3 D3 B2 G2 E2 C2

        Please, can it be confirmed if this is the system used here?
        Can some reference to recordings be given to assist with timing?
        Also The ISBN is fuzzy, could you E-mail this for me please?

        Regards,
        Ken Webster

        E-mail : Ken.Webster@...

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 12, 2005
          I have put two photos in a file on our Yahoo pan flute world page,

          look under "photos",
          then "Kevin Budd's",
          and then "Nicolae Voiculets"

          One photo is of Nicolae and myself on stage in Toronto, and the other is
          of me with Radu Constantin in Montreal

          In Romanian, Voiculets is spelled with a different letter at the end,
          that makes a "ts" sound. It looks like a "t" with a comma attached under
          it. This letter does not exist in English so I am spelling it with the
          ts, so the sound is correct.

          Kevin
        • panfamke
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 13, 2005
            Hello Kevin,
            I just looked at the pictures. They are nice!
            Do you know whether Constantin Radu gives courses? If he does we could
            send people from Quebec to him if they look for a teacher. Did you
            tell him and Nicolae Voiculets about this group. You never know. They
            might like to mail with other panflute-lovers too.
            Best wishes
            Famke
          • Kevin
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 13, 2005
              Hi Famke,

              > I just looked at the pictures. They are nice!
              > Do you know whether Constantin Radu gives courses?

              I do not know. I think I have his son's e-mail though, and we can ask.

              Did you
              > tell him and Nicolae Voiculets about this group.

              I told Nicolae. He is pretty busy right now, but may join us in the future.

              Kevin