Want to learn to play.

  • steamer6218@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2001
      I have been playing different instruments for 35 plus years and in
      the past 3 - 4 years have took a great interest in the pan flute. As
      of yesterday I became the owner of a 3 octive pan flute and are
      determined to learn this intrument. What I am looking for is a good
      site that give the beginner some very basic training to get me going.
      Once I master the basics I am sure I can take it from there.

      Would appreciate any info I can get on learning this instrument. I
      can play several keyboard and a few string instruments but this will
      be my first wind instrument so as you can see basic means basic. I
      will learn it and my goal is to master it. It might take 5 years or
      it might take 20 years.

      Thanks for any help you can offer.
    • Marilyn J. Heed
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2001
        Costel Puscoiu has a series of excellent books on learning the panflute,
        plus Dajoeri (Joeri Murk) has an excellent video on the very basics of
        learning to play. Both of these sites can be accessed through Brad Whites
        site.

        Marilyn

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2001
          Welcome to the world of panflute player!
          Check out www.dajoeri.com/videoe.html
          and you can even listen to a sample of it. There is a music book
          "Introduction to playing the panflute" available with it. You can order it
          right on the website.

          Susi Tschupp