Hello

  • Brad White
    Message 1 of 25 , Dec 5, 2000
      Hello Everyone..

      Its been quiet lately.. To our Dutch friends, Happy Sinterclas day. I
      missed seeing the parades, maybe next year. A friend sent us a picture from
      Delft.

      I've been taking some pictures with a new digital camera.. please take a
      peek if you like..

      <http://homepage.mac.com/bradwhite/featured/todayspict.html>

      Aloha.. brad

      Brad White
      Honolulu, Hawaii
      The sound of the panflute inspires mystery & wonder...
      http://pan-flute.com
    • helen
      Message 2 of 25 , Dec 10, 2000
        Hello to Everyone,

        I have recently joined this group, due to my love of the Pan Flute music.
        I also would like to learn to play this instrument.
        I live in New Zealand.
        Would anyone have any information on where to obtain one and also how to
        select one.
        I am also interested in making my own.
        Any information would be appreciated and a great help.
        Anyone travelling to NZ and would like information on this country, please
        feel free to contact me and I will help as much as possible.
        Merry Christmas everyone and all the best for 2001.

        Regards, Helen

        Message 3 of 25 , Dec 10, 2000
          >Hello to Everyone,
          >
          >I have recently joined this group, due to my love of the Pan Flute music.
          >I also would like to learn to play this instrument.
          >I live in New Zealand.

          We have a member who is your neighbor.. Dick, why don't you send him a note.

          dick@...

          Aloha.. brad

          Brad White
          Honolulu, Hawaii
          The sound of the panflute inspires mystery & wonder...
          http://pan-flute.com
        • Ulrich Herkenhoff
          Message 4 of 25 , Aug 13, 2002
            Hello everybody in the Panfluteworld-Group

            I’m sorry for not being really here for the last time,
            and it will go on like that a while. I’m always
            traveling, next friday for a concert to spain, than to
            my friend Cellier at the lake of Geneva ( Genf ),
            after that to my fluteworkshop to build all the orders
            ( or some of them ). So, I’m often without computer.

            I like very much your idea here to build up that World
            Pan Flute Association and I will help you for sure
            with my 10 Dollars a year. So, who collects that
            money, please contact me and tell me where to send it.

            For your pleasure I posted a foto of my friend Steffen
            Küttner in his fluteworkshop, I visited him some days
            ago with my girlfriend Nicole. As you know, in my
            opinion he is really one of the best to make flutes we
            have, and he also builds the flutes in the style of
            Simion Stanciu for the Akademie Syrinx in Zürich. This
            has been my job years before, but as you can emagine,
            I don’t have enough time to make so much flutes, so I
            gave that to Steffen.

            With regards, Ulli

            Möchten Sie mit einem Gruß antworten? http://grusskarten.yahoo.de
          • John
            Message 5 of 25 , May 31, 2003
              I would like to start off by saying hello to everyone. I am very new
              to the world of Panflutes, I meen I have always heard them in music
              and LOVED the sound they produce; But it wasnt until a short while
              ago that I actually found out the name of that instrument. Now that I
              know I am ready to finally purchase one, or possible make one haveing
              found a very good site that takes you step-by-step. Anyway, I hope to
              learn a lot with this forum and make some friends along the way. Talk
              to you all soon!

              John
            • Douglas Bishop
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 1, 2003
                Hello John,

                Welcome to the group! I have some online resources that can get
                you started! I have a series of free online video classes for the
                Panflute available at http://www.panflutejedi.com/academy.html , and
                I build three different kinds of Panflutes, which you can see at
                http://www.panflutejedi.com/handcrafted.html , and
                http://www.panflutejedi.com/viking-pan-flute.html .

                Another member of this group, David Pighills, also has a nice page
                that offers step-by-step illustrations and tips on how to build your
                own Panflute at
                http://www.stormpages.com/davepighills/makepipes.htm .

                Good luck in your Panflute quest!

                Douglas aka "Panflute Jedi"
                http://www.panflutejedi.com

                --- In panflute-world@yahoogroups.com, "John" <outpostorion@y...>
                wrote:
                > I would like to start off by saying hello to everyone. I am very
                new
                > to the world of Panflutes, I meen I have always heard them in
                music
                > and LOVED the sound they produce; But it wasnt until a short while
                > ago that I actually found out the name of that instrument. Now
                that I
                > know I am ready to finally purchase one, or possible make one
                haveing
                > found a very good site that takes you step-by-step. Anyway, I hope
                > learn a lot with this forum and make some friends along the way.
                Talk
                > to you all soon!
                >
                > John
              • John
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 1, 2003
                  Thank you so much for your help, It is greatly appreciated. I had
                  managed to find your site already but didnt have the other link that
                  you listed on makeing your own panflute. I think that I will have
                  many long hours of fun with this quest and will learn alot as I go.
                  Again, thank you so much!

                  John

                  --- In panflute-world@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas Bishop"
                  <panflutejedi@a...> wrote:
                  > Hello John,
                  >
                  > Welcome to the group! I have some online resources that can get
                  > you started! I have a series of free online video classes for the
                  > Panflute available at http://www.panflutejedi.com/academy.html ,
                  and
                  > I build three different kinds of Panflutes, which you can see at
                  > http://www.panflutejedi.com/handcrafted.html , and
                  > http://www.panflutejedi.com/viking-pan-flute.html .
                  >
                  > Another member of this group, David Pighills, also has a nice
                  page
                  > that offers step-by-step illustrations and tips on how to build
                  your
                  > own Panflute at
                  > http://www.stormpages.com/davepighills/makepipes.htm .
                  >
                  > Good luck in your Panflute quest!
                  >
                  > Douglas aka "Panflute Jedi"
                  > http://www.panflutejedi.com
                  >

                  > --- In panflute-world@yahoogroups.com, "John" <outpostorion@y...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > I would like to start off by saying hello to everyone. I am very
                  > new
                  > > to the world of Panflutes, I meen I have always heard them in
                  > music
                  > > and LOVED the sound they produce; But it wasnt until a short
                  while
                  > > ago that I actually found out the name of that instrument. Now
                  > that I
                  > > know I am ready to finally purchase one, or possible make one
                  > haveing
                  > > found a very good site that takes you step-by-step. Anyway, I
                  hope
                  > > learn a lot with this forum and make some friends along the way.
                  > Talk
                  > > to you all soon!
                  > >
                  > > John
                • Sandra Hould
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 1, 2003
                    Hello John, Welcome to the panflute world,

                    >I would like to start off by saying hello to everyone. I am very new
                    >to the world of Panflutes, I meen I have always heard them in music
                    >and LOVED the sound they produce; But it wasnt until a short while
                    >ago that I actually found out the name of that instrument. Now that I
                    >know I am ready to finally purchase one, or possible make one haveing
                    >found a very good site that takes you step-by-step. Anyway, I hope to
                    >learn a lot with this forum and make some friends along the way. Talk
                    >to you all soon!

                    Like you, i have always loved that music and that specific sound that the
                    panflute makes. And like you it took me a few years to discover what was the
                    instruments name that produced that sound and then after i started to search
                    of what that instrument was exactly. In this group, i assure you that you
                    will not be bored. We have great people here that will help you every step
                    of the way in your reserch and information is in real abundance here. I am
                    sure that you will have plenty of fun here and that you will learn alot in a
                    very short time. If you want to email me, simple, should13@...
                    Have fun!

                    Sandra Hould

                    http://messenger.fr.msn.ca/
                  • John
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 1, 2003
                      Thanks Sandra I think I will be draining this board for evey bit of
                      information I can. As of right now I dont have a considerable amount
                      of time on my side. Between work and Nursing school I dont even know
                      my right from my left anymore....or was it my left from my
                      right...aaarrgghhh...see! Anyway, I already like the atmosphere of
                      this board and the people that have already contacted me. I dont have
                      a Pan Flute yet....I believe I am going to make my first one. :) I
                      dont think it will be to hard with all the info that I have on them.
                      But I believe the PVC pan flute will be the easiest for my first
                      endevor. Again, thanks alot for the help and support.

                      John

                      --- In panflute-world@yahoogroups.com, "Sandra Hould" <should13@h...>
                      wrote:
                      > Hello John, Welcome to the panflute world,
                      >
                      > >I would like to start off by saying hello to everyone. I am very
                      new
                      > >to the world of Panflutes, I meen I have always heard them in music
                      > >and LOVED the sound they produce; But it wasnt until a short while
                      > >ago that I actually found out the name of that instrument. Now
                      that I
                      > >know I am ready to finally purchase one, or possible make one
                      haveing
                      > >found a very good site that takes you step-by-step. Anyway, I hope
                      > >learn a lot with this forum and make some friends along the way.
                      Talk
                      > >to you all soon!
                      >
                      > Like you, i have always loved that music and that specific sound
                      that the
                      > panflute makes. And like you it took me a few years to discover
                      what was the
                      > instruments name that produced that sound and then after i started
                      to search
                      > of what that instrument was exactly. In this group, i assure you
                      that you
                      > will not be bored. We have great people here that will help you
                      every step
                      > of the way in your reserch and information is in real abundance
                      here. I am
                      > sure that you will have plenty of fun here and that you will learn
                      alot in a
                      > very short time. If you want to email me, simple, should13@h...
                      > Have fun!
                      >
                      > Sandra Hould

                      > MSN Messenger : discutez en direct avec vos amis !
                      > http://messenger.fr.msn.ca/
                    • Joy
                      Message 10 of 25 , Oct 9, 2004
                        I thought I would join the group as I intend to purchase a Panflute
                        soon. I am going over the posts from the beginning. Hope I learn
                        from you all.

                        Joy
                      • cstaroperator
                        Message 11 of 25 , Feb 24, 2005
                          I'm new on this group. I became interested in pan flute when I heard
                          recordings of Middle eastern style pan flute from greece. These were
                          improvisations based on mid-eastern scales on the pan flute. Does any
                          one know more about this and where I can find more recordings?
                        • Brad White
                          Message 12 of 25 , Feb 24, 2005
                            On Feb 23, 2005, at 10:42 PM, cstaroperator wrote:

                            > I'm new on this group. I became interested in pan flute when I heard
                            > recordings of Middle eastern style pan flute from greece. These were
                            > improvisations based on mid-eastern scales on the pan flute. Does any
                            > one know more about this and where I can find more recordings?

                            Welcome... I am one of the co moderaters. Kevin, my fellow moderator
                            had an album from Greece, if I am remembering correctly. I don't know
                            if this is the same one. I am sure he'll reply when he sees this... or
                            I'll ask him when I talk to him ... brad
                          • Kevin
                            Message 13 of 25 , Feb 24, 2005
                              cstaroperator wrote:

                              > I'm new on this group. I became interested in pan flute when I heard
                              > recordings of Middle eastern style pan flute from greece. These were
                              > improvisations based on mid-eastern scales on the pan flute. Does any
                              > one know more about this and where I can find more recordings?

                              There is a nice album called "Ellinika Mouzika Organa" or "Hellenic
                              Musical Instruments" volume 13 which may be the one. The player is Panos
                              Stefos. on "world Music" label. I think most tunes are not improvised though.

                              Any comments from anyone as to whether pan flute is is a Hellenic "
                              musical instrument?

                              Kevin
                            • Brad White
                              Message 14 of 25 , Feb 24, 2005
                                On Feb 24, 2005, at 6:17 AM, Kevin wrote:

                                > Any comments from anyone as to whether pan flute is is a Hellenic "
                                > musical instrument?

                                I believe it was referenced in the literature and stories of that time
                                ... brad
                              • Doug
                                Message 15 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                  Hello everyone. New member here. I just wanted to make my first post
                                  to the group and thank you for having me. As I am a complete beginner
                                  I won't be offering too much except in the way of questions and those
                                  won't come until I've had a chance to look through the archives. This
                                  seems like a really diverse and friendly group. I'm looking forward to
                                  future postings. Doug Daniels
                                • Kevin Budd
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                    Welcome Doug,

                                    On 11-Sep-05, at 10:54 AM, Doug wrote:

                                    > As I am a complete beginner
                                    > I won't be offering too much except in the way of questions and those
                                    > won't come until I've had a chance to look through the archives. This
                                    > seems like a really diverse and friendly group. I'm looking forward to
                                    > future postings.

                                    We are good at answers, so fire away. Pan flutes "R" us.

                                    Kevin
                                    Co List-Manager
                                  • trevorcrossland
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Sep 7, 2010
                                      Hi There,
                                      I have just got registered on here and just thought I would say hello to anyone who is out there?

                                      Regards

                                      Trevor Crossland
                                    • Brad White
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Sep 7, 2010
                                        On Sep 7, 2010, at 9:36 AM, trevorcrossland wrote:

                                        > Hi There,
                                        > I have just got registered on here and just thought I would say
                                        > hello to anyone who is out there?
                                        >
                                        > Regards
                                        >
                                        > Trevor Crossland

                                        Welcome Trevor,

                                        We are not always the most talkative bunch.. but at times we will
                                        have flurry of gab :) Read through our archives of the last decade or
                                        so ....

                                        Kevin and I are moderators and we have many talented musicians on the
                                        list. Some of the best in the world I think.

                                        Aloha .. brad white (panflute.net)
                                      • trevorcrossland
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Sep 7, 2010
                                          Hi Brad,
                                          I got my pan flute from you around 4 months ago.
                                          Then realsied afterwrads that David Pighill live sin the next town to me.Lol, not to worry, I am pleased with the Instrument.

                                          Where can I source good decent backing tracks?

                                          Message 20 of 25 , Sep 7, 2010
                                            On Sep 7, 2010, at 10:04 AM, trevorcrossland wrote:

                                            > Where can I source good decent backing tracks?

                                            Since your panflute has the same exact range as a silver flute you can
                                            look for any music for flute.. it will work perfectly.

                                            Search for Music Minus One , there were many recordings released
                                            for flute and with other instruments backgrounds.

                                            The other option is if you have some simple music software you can
                                            find many free things on the interest that you can alter to fit what
                                            you are doing. Look for sites with free MIDI files.. they can be
                                            customized so that the melody line is silent and the key changed to
                                            fit your liking. Your can re-orchestrate them as well.

                                            Good luck ... have fun .. brad
                                          • trevorcrossland
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Sep 7, 2010
                                              Thanks for that Brad.

                                              Regards

                                              --- In panflute-world@yahoogroups.com, Brad White <bwhite@...> wrote:

                                              > On Sep 7, 2010, at 10:04 AM, trevorcrossland wrote:
                                              >
                                              > > Where can I source good decent backing tracks?
                                              >
                                              > Since your panflute has the same exact range as a silver flute you can
                                              > look for any music for flute.. it will work perfectly.
                                              >
                                              > Search for Music Minus One , there were many recordings released
                                              > for flute and with other instruments backgrounds.
                                              >
                                              > The other option is if you have some simple music software you can
                                              > find many free things on the interest that you can alter to fit what
                                              > you are doing. Look for sites with free MIDI files.. they can be
                                              > customized so that the melody line is silent and the key changed to
                                              > fit your liking. Your can re-orchestrate them as well.
                                              >
                                              > Good luck ... have fun .. brad

                                            • Gilles
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Sep 8, 2010
                                                --- In panflute-world@yahoogroups.com, "trevorcrossland" <enq@...>
                                                wrote:

                                                > Where can I source good decent backing tracks?

                                                Hi Trevor,

                                                You will find some minus one for Panpipes on a french website (but music
                                                is music).
                                                http://www.flute-de-pan.fr/-Karaokes-pour-flute-de-Pan-
                                                <http://www.flute-de-pan.fr/-Karaokes-pour-flute-de-Pan->
                                                There are mp3 (with and without Panpipes) and music sheets.
                                                Don't look about "Introduction" which is just a french text to help the
                                                users in a pedagogic mind.

                                                Depends of your level... The most simple is "Le vieux moulin", or
                                                "Adieu", then you will find different levels and styles...

                                                Hoping that you will find them decent

                                                Gilles

                                              • trevorcrossland
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Sep 8, 2010
                                                  Hi Giles,
                                                  Thank you for that. I will check it out. I have had my pipes for about 3 months now, so in one sense am a beginner! Although I do play the guitar and the piano accordian, so I am used to reading music.

                                                  I am suprised as to how many people have taken up the Pan Flute, it appears to be getting more popular Instrument?

                                                  Regards

                                                  --- In panflute-world@yahoogroups.com, "Gilles" <gilles@...> wrote:

                                                  > --- In panflute-world@yahoogroups.com, "trevorcrossland" <enq@>
                                                  > wrote:
                                                  >

                                                  > > Where can I source good decent backing tracks?
                                                  > >

                                                  > Hi Trevor,
                                                  >
                                                  > You will find some minus one for Panpipes on a french website (but music
                                                  > is music).
                                                  > http://www.flute-de-pan.fr/-Karaokes-pour-flute-de-Pan-
                                                  > <http://www.flute-de-pan.fr/-Karaokes-pour-flute-de-Pan->
                                                  > There are mp3 (with and without Panpipes) and music sheets.
                                                  > Don't look about "Introduction" which is just a french text to help the
                                                  > users in a pedagogic mind.
                                                  >
                                                  > Depends of your level... The most simple is "Le vieux moulin", or
                                                  > "Adieu", then you will find different levels and styles...
                                                  >
                                                  > Hoping that you will find them decent
                                                  >
                                                  > Gilles

                                                • Kevin
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Sep 8, 2010
                                                    Hi Trevor and welcome,

                                                    You can also search for midi tunes, and simply silence the melody line as you play along.

                                                    With the internet, the online pan flute community has really grown over the years. We have 644 members!

                                                    Kevin
                                                    www.panflute.ca

                                                    --- In panflute-world@yahoogroups.com, "trevorcrossland" <enq@...> wrote:

                                                    > Hi Giles,
                                                    > Thank you for that. I will check it out. I have had my pipes for about 3 months now, so in one sense am a beginner! Although I do play the guitar and the piano accordian, so I am used to reading music.
                                                    >
                                                    > I am suprised as to how many people have taken up the Pan Flute, it appears to be getting more popular Instrument?
                                                    >
                                                    > Regards
                                                    >

                                                    > --- In panflute-world@yahoogroups.com, "Gilles" <gilles@> wrote:
                                                    > >

                                                    > > --- In panflute-world@yahoogroups.com, "trevorcrossland" <enq@>
                                                    > > wrote:
                                                    > >

                                                    > > > Where can I source good decent backing tracks?
                                                    > > >

                                                    > > Hi Trevor,
                                                    > >
                                                    > > You will find some minus one for Panpipes on a french website (but music
                                                    > > is music).
                                                    > > http://www.flute-de-pan.fr/-Karaokes-pour-flute-de-Pan-
                                                    > > <http://www.flute-de-pan.fr/-Karaokes-pour-flute-de-Pan->
                                                    > > There are mp3 (with and without Panpipes) and music sheets.
                                                    > > Don't look about "Introduction" which is just a french text to help the
                                                    > > users in a pedagogic mind.
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Depends of your level... The most simple is "Le vieux moulin", or
                                                    > > "Adieu", then you will find different levels and styles...
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Hoping that you will find them decent
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Gilles

                                                  • trevorcrossland
                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Sep 8, 2010
                                                      Hi Kevin,

                                                      Thanks for the welcome and the Info.Thats quite a membership you have here. It is getting to be quite a popular Instrument!

                                                      I have listened to some of the Midi music and it appears to be not as good a qaulity as mp3 music is.
                                                      I have also managed to download some popular mp3 instrumentals from the Internet, and quite a lot of free music sheets today.

                                                      Looking forward to making some good friendships on here.

                                                      Regards

                                                      Trevor