Re: [panflute-world] Bertelsmann and Napster form strategic alliance

  • bnglydll
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2000
      > This sounds like good news to me and muscians producing albums.. brad
      >
      > ---------------

      Bertelsmann and Napster form strategic alliance

      >Definitely agreed,
      I watched this issue with interest and was pleased to see this potential
      resolution as it was reported on our news (BBC 24) last night.
      The received wisdom seemed to suggest that the "big names" (Sony , EMI etc.)
      never had a hope of successfully sueing Napster and were engaging in what
      amounted to sabre rattling , leaving it to Bertelsman to force the issue by
      breaking ranks. It seems like we could be on the verge of a new age of
      listening to high quality recorded music. Perhaps the new generation of home
      sound systems will include internet access facilities and the opportunity to
      download and store recordings (if these things do not already exist).
      Good-bye compact disc?????
      Dave