Re: Tuning

  • george700dl
    Message 1 of 36 , Sep 1, 2011
      Romanians use the key of G on the panpipe, which has 1 sharp (F#). That is considered the standard.

      I'm sure that other types of panpipes use different tuning, though G is the one I hear most often.

      George

      --- In panflute-world@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Brougham" <broughambob@...> wrote:

      > Hi there everyone, here i am again to ask about tuning from an amateure point of view. am i to presume that all pan flutes are tuned to F sharp. (ie) all the F's on the scale? If so can someone explain why this is.Thanks in advance.
      > Bob

    • Brad White
      Message 36 of 36 , Sep 1, 2011
        On Sep 1, 2011, at 4:07 PM, Bob Brougham wrote:

        > Yeh, thanks Brad and George for your informative answers to the
        > tuning bit, but also forgot to ask about frequency (eg) a 22tube
        > tuned to C magor -- What frequency is used for each tube, Thanks.
        > Kind regards.

        Hi bob,

        Just tune it to A 440.. keep the major scale as you would on a
        keyboard or any instrument. Let your ear be your guide.

        .. brad