[panflute-world] tuning tools?

  • Lola and Jim
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 1998
      At 09:03 31.5.98 -1000, Brad White wrote:
      >When I bought my Preda's they came with a set of different sized wooden
      >tools for tuning. I have attached a very small jpg.. I don't know if you
      >can do that on a list, I guess I'll find out.. If not just email me and
      >I'll send it to you..
      >
      >Attachment Converted: "d:\internet\eudora\attach\Tools=wax.jpg"

      I don't think anyone will complain if attachments are under 20k. And a
      picture is literally worth "a thousand words" compared to trying to explain
      how it looks. In fact, I would like to see a close-up of the tips of the
      tools. I'm guessing there are both rounded and flat blades, and a couple of
      sizes of blunt tips, but I can't quite make out their perspective. Maybe
      turn the blades 45 degrees in the picture.

      These postings are archived and available on a web page, so I don't know
      what happens to attachments there. But if there's trouble, we can use
      private e-mail.

      I think an important characteristic of the wax used for tuning is that it
      likes to stay together. I used some kind of modelling wax that tends to
      smear and leave streaks on the sides as I try to push it to the bottom.

      Is it important how the wax is shaped at the bottom of the pipe? I presume
      it should be a nice flat layer but I just can't see anything at the bottoms
      of the longer pipes. How will it affect the tone if the wax is pushed to
      one side or is concave or convex?

      Jim

      ----
      Read this list on the Web at http://www.FindMail.com/list/panflute-world/