[panflute-world] Various

  • dick
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2000
      Hi David,
          Bad luck about the 'explosion'. Never had one myself but have had just about everything else happen at one time or another, especially in the early days. The setbacks one encounters really serve to spur you on, I think. Minor ones are preferable to biggies, tho'. Keep on keeping on, but don't forget the good wife!

      Hi Sam,
          Nice to see your flutes. You seem to have made a nice job of them, Sam. I was surprised that the high tubes don't look as narrow as I expected. I'm making mine quite narrow these days - wouldn't have seriously considered this if you hadn't put me on to it. They are working fine for me. Thanks Sam.

      Hi Marilyn,
         Nice flutes! By golly, as a panflute maker you're a mighty fine artist!
         Don't suppose you've got a self-portrait kicking around any place...so we can see how pretty you are, of course!

      Hi Rolf,
          Good to hear from you. True to form, you've covered a large number of relevant points very appropriately once again.
           Hope I haven't 'shocked' you with my far-out move to very narrow tubes for the top end but, actually, they work well for me, now that I've become used to them. I'm now a bit of a 'dab hand' on Haydn's Serenade (played by Zamf; over-ridden somewhat by me) so am pretty happy.
          I'm flat out busy at the moment, as I'm sure you are also. Alas, jobs that get in the way of our hobbies...

      Hi  Kev,
          Great to hear from you re How to buy a panflute. It's pretty timely advice, I reckon, since it seems there's a substantial interest in our instrument 'out there'.
      You did a smart thing when you started up this little group, mate.
          Trust you're keeping busy and out of mischief  as you enjoy Spring and look forward to summer once again..(Down here, it ought to be getting coldish and a bit miserable, but the last couple of weeks have been brilliant sunshine!...beaut!)

       Hi Brad,
          Glad to see your website's going boomer. Pity about all that bamboo going to waste up in 'them thar hills' but maybe someone will be able to tap into it one way or another.

          All the best, everybody.
          Dick
      PS:   Great balls of fire I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I clapped eyes on those jpgs of my earlier flutes as I logged on to send the above email!  I think they must be about two years old??
           I had forgotten how much a person's ideas develop over time when pursuing their ruling passion. I sure hope I've improved a bit meantime. Thanks anyway, Brad, for the thought, and the initiative.
           Dick

    • Marilyn J. Heed
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2000
        Hi Dick,

             Thanks for the compliment.   Self-portraits I don't do--just the critters, especially horses.  If it has fur or feathers, I'll paint it.  Painting
        I have been doing for nearly 35 years professionally--building panflutes: this is my 4th year!!

        Marilyn
[...]

        eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/panflute-world
      • Samuel García
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2000
          Hi Dick,
              Big concert panflutes of yours, your jpegs move my imagination and for sure I´ll make one 25 tubes panflute ¡WITH BASE!, to test myself.
              By the way, my 22 tubes panflutes have narrow high tubes, the last are 5.5 mm.; the 15 and 20 tubes were made earlier (my first flutes), before I found the disadvantage of wide high tubes.
          The best wishes to you and your family.
          Samuel.