[panflute-world] Sv: Ref:: [panflute-world] Dobre (and romanian postcard)

  • Kristian Steensgaard
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 1998
      Brad -
      tape will be posted by slow mail tomorrow - I hope!

      As you did not state what kind of music you would like, I have copied some takes, that should give you an idea of what I think should be the foundation for all players of the pan flute.
      I think that Fanica Luca - AND the inner "soul" (?) of romanian traditional music - should be the starting point for all playing of the nai.
      And from that point one should go on as one really like - AND not copy any Zamfir mannerism.
      Well - easy to say as I am not a player myself, but I really love the music of Romania and sometimes it makes me mad to hear the Zamfir-sound to every second TV-ad.

      KRISTIAN

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 1998
        Brad -
        I guess my last answer to you got lost somewhere in big computer jungle.
        So once again:
        As you did not tell me what kind of music You would like I just made up a tape of what I personally think should be the foundation for a player of the Nai.
        Which means: 1) The playing of Fanica Luca and 2) the "soul" (?) of the traditional romanian music. - AND NOT the Zamfir-mannerism! He is good - in fact very good - but it makes me sick to hear his playing as background for every second TV-ad!
        I might be wrong. I am not a player myself but I love the music of Romania and hate to see it disappear in a pop-orientated world.
        I send the tape by slow mail tomorrow.

        KRISTIAN

        ----
        Read this list on the Web at http://www.FindMail.com/list/panflute-world/