Re: [Pancham] Re: Ishk Ishk Ishk: RDB/Rajesh Roshan

  • Vinayakam Murugan
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 31, 2002
      Hi Shashi

      I have really enjoyed your posts . I am looking forward to your post on Hariharan. It remains a mystery why this talented singer was relegated to the backstage till recent times where Rahman has resurrected him.

      Warm Regards

      Vinayakam Murugan

      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2002
        Yes it was Shireesh. Both songs of KK in Sachche Ka Bol Bala were
        on Jackie.

        Regards
        Vampy

        Just one question. Wasnt 'Tanha Main Akela' picturised on Jackie Shroff not
        Dev?

        Shireesh

      • shashirao
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 1, 2002
          Quite true - it was indeed picturised on "junior-Dev" Jackie Shroff.
          But then again, KK's songs for any Dev movie had a distinct stamp -
          regardless on whom it was picturised - even background songs.

          And anyways Dev Anand has made a concious decision on not singing
          songs or picturising them on himself in the recent movies. (Most of
          his post Anand Aur Anand songs are either group songs, sung by other
          singers or quite rare).

          He rather picturises them on actors who admire/ape him and his
          style: Jackie, Naseer and Aamir Khan are a few examples.

          Also noticed how they monkey around like their idol in these movies -
          acting quite to the contrary - in awe and respect for "Dev-saab".

          In all this context, Pancham can once again be called as one with
          keen foresight. Notice how he found such an apt and suitable voice
          for Dev's son Suneil Anand - Abhijeet.

          Today Abhijeet has proven Pancham's trust in him - he has
          successfully proved his own as a KK-like but not exactly a KK-clone
          in the market. Pancham's selection of Abhijeet over Amit Kumar for
          launching Dev Anand's son is an eyeopener indeed.

          Which also brings me to another of Pancham's foresights -
          Hariharan....lekin woh kissa phir kabhi!

          Loin

          --- In pancham@y..., "Shireesh Joshi" <shireeshjoshi@h...> wrote:
          > Shashi
          >
          > Great post!
          >
          > Just one question. Wasnt 'Tanha Main Akela' picturised on Jackie
          Shroff not
          > Dev?
          >
          > Shireesh
          >
          > ----Original Message Follows----
          > From: "shashirao" <pancham@c...>
          >
          > Sure KK makes a huge impact - since his distinct treatment of a Dev
          > Anand song - leaves an impression of the actor singing himself.
          Which
          > would make songs from most Dev Anand's movies - of the same family.
          > Yup even the 'Tanha Main Akela' number from Sachche Ka Bol Bala -
          > composed by Boppi-da would be part of the same family.

          > Unlimited Internet access for only $21.95/month.  Try MSN!
          > http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/2monthsfree.asp
        • manish parbhakar
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 25, 2006
            Hi !
            Post given below, sent by Loin ( Shashi)
            differentitaing RR & Pancham' music is around 4 year
            old. What struck me was the movie " SACHE KA BOLBALA".
            The song " Tanha main Akela " is credited to Pancham
            Dain T series MP3 . Is there a different story behind
            this too as else song has always been credited to
            Bappi da!

            Manish

            === message truncated ===

          • Debabrata Mukherji
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 5 9:01 PM
              There is nothing "Panchamish" in this song...very much "Bappi-ish".
              So It must be a typing error.

              Rgds,
              Debu.

              --- In pancham@yahoogroups.com, manish parbhakar <milli_99_2000@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi !
              > Post given below, sent by Loin ( Shashi)
              > differentitaing RR & Pancham' music is around 4 year
              > old. What struck me was the movie " SACHE KA BOLBALA".
              > The song " Tanha main Akela " is credited to Pancham
              > Dain T series MP3 . Is there a different story behind
              > this too as else song has always been credited to
              > Bappi da!
              >
              > Manish

            • Atanu Raychaudhuri
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 5 9:32 PM
                True, what with the Lionel Richie classis "Say You Say
                Me" written all over it!!!

                Atanu
                --- Debabrata Mukherji <dmuk20@...> wrote:

                > There is nothing "Panchamish" in this song...very
                > much "Bappi-ish".
                > So It must be a typing error.
                >
                > Rgds,
                > Debu.
                >
                > --- In pancham@yahoogroups.com, manish parbhakar
                > <milli_99_2000@...>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi !
                > > Post given below, sent by Loin ( Shashi)
                > > differentitaing RR & Pancham' music is around 4
                > year
                > > old. What struck me was the movie " SACHE KA
                > BOLBALA".
                > > The song " Tanha main Akela " is credited to
                > Pancham
                > > Dain T series MP3 . Is there a different story
                > behind
                > > this too as else song has always been credited to
                > > Bappi da!
                > >
                > > Manish

              • manish parbhakar
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 7 12:58 AM
                  TRue !
                  It seems song was wrongly ( type mistake) credited to
                  Pancham in Pancham Hits MP3.

                  Manish