checking on interest in permaculture classes this coming july aug

  • john douglas
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2012
      my friend bruce is talking about coming down again this coming july or august.
      We would like to know how much interest there might be in some permaculture classes either at my place near Penonome or elsewhere.
      Last year we gave a one day english/spanish class that was wonderfully hosted by Larry & Becky Thormahlen <thegoldenfroginn@...> . We again thank them profusely.
      There also was a four day course in spanish at my place..
      We also could consider  an actual Permacultue Design Course (PDC) which is 72 hours and we would bring in an additional teacher to help with that. Cost would probably be somewhere between $1000.00 and $1500.00 including room and board, depending on who the other teacher might be.
      any and all ideas and feedback would be appreciated.
      you can respond directly to me at

      john   Don Perezoso = The Lazy Farmer ....THE SECRET IS IN THE GARBAGE
      English Videos
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO39F9beTNQ
      WEBSITE        http://www.organicpanamapermaculture.com/

      Español    SITIO de WEB      http://organicopanamapermacultura.yolasite.com/
    • zamaarts
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17, 2012
        John, this is a great idea. I'd be happy to host a class at Finca Las Heliconias (outside of Bugaba) as well. The problem I have with the PDC is the cost. Here in Panama, for locals, there is no way that 1000 or 1500 is possible. I see these classes more for travelers who want to take a class in a tropical country, and I'd like to see us organize some affordable PDC for local Panama residents. PDC certification shouldn't be a status symbol, but that's what it's becoming with the high prices of workshops. What do you think John? What do others think?

        Pura Vida,
        Lyn