que pasa?

  • john douglas
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 14, 2010
      carmen and i headed  for the Darien for a couple of days early in the week,

      The Darien is the fun part of panama where  the FARCers and drug runners from columbia party and the loggers are illegally cutting truckloads and  truckloads out of  the open from the virgin jungle to our markets. and the guvmint folks just cant see anything happening, ahhhh the joy of the bribe.

      Then the famous cattle ranchers, who have already killed 80% of the forests are cutting and burning hundreds of acres  at a time to turn into cattle country which desertifies the land faster than i can chug a quart of Kopps custard. maybe the guvmint could look at google earth to see the flames and smoke rising..... nnaaaahhhh,Who  would buy  the cops their next pickup truck?

         any huuuu, gave some talks, luv to hear myself talk. turns out some others didnt throw anything too heavy at me, so all went well.

      at the ag school the kids are as useless as teenagers around the world. all is cool.what i really liked at the ag school was the  part where the principle keeps breaking into one volunteers apartment so he can bang the cook. excellent.

         showed my video describing my lazy assed techniques to 18 facilitators, (basically facilitators are teachers that work with the people in the countryside). the facilitators were laughing and taking notes, good responce. they say that they will be doing the techniques , we will see. each one is responsible for helping with food production to 20 or 30 schools , and  if each school has 50 students , that is more people than live in the Darien. Sheeeet, never claimed to get that numbers crap.

       anyway the hotel had air and cable and the guvmint guys that took us along were good fun and we got to see some new country. guvmint guys said that they will make 200 or 300 copies o my video, to pass around the country so i guess they are hard up for cheap laughs

          "You eat like a pig" great ,  i thought that i will get a pig or 2 and they can eat all the yuca , rotting fruit and bananas that go to waste . so i bought 2 pigs. where i bought them they had some 3 months old at 200 pounds. but mine are 6 months old and weigh about 40 pounds. what do I. do , how do my pigs eat?  like a frieeeking french food faggots. well , we bought commercial pig food , built a coral below so they are now rooting and running and eating and maybe i will have a ham sandwich for christmas. what a disaster. Rooting, never thought about that word before. they dig up the roots, worms, bugs whatever and i guess eat em all. and they are really digging up this dirt and pooping (fertilizing) in an unused  area so i should have a well prepared plot for whatever. thatll be cool.

         i never liked liked okra but man o manachevitz does okra grow great here .  so guess what, the tightwad decided he likes the slimy stuff. It really is good.

         i think we figured out a lot of our mistakes before so now restarts a serious shot at regular milwaukee style gardening.
      y que pasa con ustedes ( what is happening with u?)

          gentle man start your engines.
      John
      Don Perezoso    The Lazy Farmer
      The Secret is in the Garbage       El Secreto es en la Basura

      www.organicpanamapermaculture.com    English
      www.organicopanamapermacultura.yolasite.com    Español
      youtube ,      Donperezoso        en español

    • tuscan_man_1
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 14, 2010
        Doug, thanks for your amusing and informative report from your trip.
        Let's hope these guys will apply your good advice.

        --- In panama_gardening@yahoogroups.com, john douglas <johnarthurdouglas99@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >    i never liked liked okra but man o manachevitz does okra grow great here .  so guess what, the tightwad decided he likes the slimy stuff. It really is good.
        >    i think we figured out a lot of our mistakes before so now restarts a serious shot at regular milwaukee style gardening.y que pasa con ustedes ( what is happening with u?)
        >     gentle man start your engines.
        > JohnDon Perezoso    The Lazy Farmer
        > The Secret is in the Garbage       El Secreto es en la Basura

      • rachel
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 15, 2010
          I LOVE OKRA!!!! Make it Indian style and no slime!
          I have a great rooftop that needs to grow organic foods. can i grow okra in the sun? lots of sun? We need some home grown stuff close to the city.
          I just bought a upsidedown tomato planter. i just need yummy tomatoes! Any idea where to get this near el carmen?

          Rachel
        • Capt Al
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 16, 2010
            At least in Texas, okra thrives in the sun. It will grow when it's just about too hot for anything else.

            --- In panama_gardening@yahoogroups.com, "rachel" <yogadivina@...> wrote:

            > I LOVE OKRA!!!! Make it Indian style and no slime!
            > I have a great rooftop that needs to grow organic foods. can i grow okra in the sun? lots of sun? We need some home grown stuff close to the city.
            > I just bought a upsidedown tomato planter. i just need yummy tomatoes! Any idea where to get this near el carmen?
            >
            > Rachel

          • Lonnie Cross
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 17, 2010
              Hey RacheI,

              I grew a whole lot of okra (despite the nematodes) last year and threw a "Gumbo Party".

              The plants that did the best were those planted in full sun all day.

              Gonna do it again when we get home. Too much rain washed my garden out this year!

              Lonnie From Puerto Armulles

              Great Wit and Madness are Near Allied and Thin Partitions do Their Bounds Divide!

              John Dryden