Second Annual Heliconia Plant Sale and Garden Open House

  • carla
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2010
      Dear Gardeners,

      You are invited to our second Annual Plant Sale and Garden Open House in Volcán!

      Saturday and Sunday June 12th and 13th, from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm, we will be open for business and for garden visitors at our home, Finca Las Chichicas.

      There will be 40 different kinds of heliconias for sale, as well as other landscaping plants that are not often seen in local nurseries. We've prepared more plants this year – but it's still best to come early for the best selection!

      We have been collecting heliconias from throughout Central and South America for ten years, and the garden holds well over 100 different species and varieties. I've selected the strongest, prettiest plants for the sale. They're guaranteed to grow!

      Take time to enjoy the garden, too. There are ponds with giant Victoria water lilies, a wet wall filled with epiphytic plants, open vistas, and trails through the woods. You'll have a great time!

      We are neighbors of Sitio Barriles on the road to Caizan; use the public gravel drive just past that tourist attraction, please leave your car in the corner lot (people with limited mobility will be allowed to drive to the garden), and walk 200 meters to our private entry. Wear sturdy shoes, and if you come in the afternoon, bring your umbrella!

      See www.heliconiagarden.com for photos of the plants for sale and their prices, and for complete driving instructions from the center of Volcán.

      We look forward to your visit!

      Carla

      Carla Black and Angel Rodríguez