League update

  • Eric Kim
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2009
      The first official night of league will still be on Wednesday 5/6 at 8 PM at Kennedy's, but we have decided not to have our first matches that night. Instead, we will try to get things more organized by having an orientation and pickup games. We are currently working on figuring out how to up our membership by a couple people so we can have three man league instead of two man league.

      Pete - We talked about our league overlapping with Ted and Darren's. Our SF league was created as an alternative to those unable to make it to the South Bay league. Sorry if you were planning on participating in both, maybe you can do part of each of them as you were saying. I can talk to you about it more on Wednesday or you can give me a call.

      Thanks to everyone for their interest and I look forward to getting things started Wednesday.

      Eric

      From: Eric Kim <ericrkim@yahoo. com>
      To: SFFoos@yahoogroups. com, paloaltofoos@ yahoogroups. com, siliconvalleyfoos@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 9:06 PM

      Okay everyone, looks like we're making some progress towards getting league started up. We have settled on the start date of Wednesday 5/6 at 8 PM. We'll try to get our first matches in that night, so things might run a bit later since we'll need a brief orientation before getting started unlike weeks after that when you can just show up and play. I'm guessing most weeks the matches will be completed before 11, but the first night may take until midnight. Here are the people I've talked to so far:

      Confirmed league players:
      Pete Burnham
      Percy Gustavo
      Brendon Wong
      Amy Thai
      Binh Thai
      Eric Kim
      Alex Tsang
      Lih Chen
      Toma Woo

      Subs:
      Mo Uddin
      Nick Furci
      John Biundo
      Joe Kuo

      Maybe:
      Jacob

      I will make an effort to contact more people so we can have three man or possibly four man teams, but right now we have enough to run a league.  Signups close at the end of the month then we'll figure out the teams. You can play with whoever you want and if you're a free agent, we'll find a team for you. Please contact me if you are interested in either being a league member or a sub and talk to other foosers you know who might be interested. Thanks.

      Eric

      (650) 504-1849