Re: [pakhtu] UET Peshawar

  • Tariq Mahmood
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2001
      Dear Farrukh Inam,
      As-salamo alaikum.

      Thanks for the feeling for UET Peshawar. I fel you have made a
      good observation that the UET lacks the practical aspect.UET
      needs help in developing its library, laboratories, helping the
      teachers in tecniques of teaching, improvement of curriculum
      and facilitating in student-faculty exchange with other similar
      institutions.

      Your idea of forming an alumni in the west is good. Please go
      ahead with it. You be the convenor. Dr qureshi and dr Kamal
      Khan will be the first to join. I promise to work for a similar role
      here in Pakistan.

      A few tasks before the said body could be: arranging student-faculty
      exchange, planning visit of guest speakers at the UET, especialy
      from among the alumni and placement for jobs and learning to graduates of
      UET.

      WPF has already made a humble beginning when Dr Kamal donated about
      two dozen books to UET about semiconductors.

      Staso, Tariq