Re: [pakhtu] Afrasiyab Khattak wants timeline for action in Fata

  • mohammad nawaz khalil
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30, 2009
      IT would have been better to support him what he has said but as expected from you,you chose to act like jumat islami and Muslim leaguer,he didn,t talk about gilgit baltistan but he is talking about the terrorism for which anp has given shuhuda in hundreds.Pukhtoons want elimination of terrorist and want peace on pukhtoon land. All pukhtoons should at least show some courage and support the demands of anp who are representing all pukhtoons.

      From: mohammad nawaz khalil <mnk59@yahoo. co.uk>
      To: pakhtu@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, 29 September, 2009, 1:20 AM

      Afrasiyab Khattak wants timeline for action in Fata

      Seeks end to terrorists’ safe havens

      Monday, September 28, 2009
      Tauseef-ur-Rahman

      PESHAWAR: Provincial President of the Awami National Party (ANP) Senator Afrasiyab Khattak Sunday asked the federal government to give a timeline for the elimination of terrorists’ safe havens in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata).

      “We want answer from the central government that for how long the terrorists would continue to rule Fata? Now is the right time for us to demand a timeframe from the government regarding the dismantling of the bases of terrorists in Waziristan,” Khattak said in his hard-hitting remarks while while speaking at a reference for the late Afghan president Dr Najibullah on his 13th death anniversary at the Bacha Khan Markaz.

      “A decisive operation is required in Fata like the one in Malakand division. Let me be clear that the people of tribal areas have nothing to do with terrorism. In fact they are the victims of terrorism and have been made hostage by terrorists,” Khattak said.

      He said that the terrorists had captured land from the people of tribal areas. Hundreds of their elders had been killed and time would prove that tribal people were the strongest opponents of the terrorists, he added.

      He criticised the government for leaving the people of tribal areas in the lurch. “The tribesmen are helpless as the state is not fulfilling its responsibilities and the federal government has not devised a comprehensive strategy to deal with the situation,” Khattak said.

      The ANP leader insisted that there was no war in Afghanistan. “There was chaos, warlordism, drug issues and many other problems in Afghanistan. The base of war, he believed, was on the Pakistan side of the Pak-Afghan border. I am sure of peace in Afghanistan if the masterminds of war ceased their game,” he argued.

      “The masterminds of this war-machine are sitting across Attock. This is being run and controlled from Punjab. If the situation continues and the solution is not properly sought out, we will be correct to understand that this is genocide of Pakhtuns,” Khattak alleged.

      He feared if the Fata problem was not addressed immediately, a roadmap could come from the United Nations or some country because the issue was of international magnitude. He warned the menace of terrorism would continue to exist until concrete and effective steps were taken for dealing with the militants in Fata.

      Khattak, whose party is an ally of the PPP government both at the Centre and NWFP, said the vehicle of Tariq Azizuddin, former ambassador to Afghanistan, who was kidnapped and later recovered from Waziristan, was still in the use of a militant commander in Miramshah with diplomatic number plate.

      “Where are the kidnapped Afghan ambassador and the Iranian diplomat? They are with these terrorists. What sort of state is this where we cannot protect foreign diplomats?” Khattak questioned.

    • mohammad nawaz khalil
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 30, 2009
        THey are in APDM and still using the apdm plat form and supporting taliban.

        From: mohammad nawaz khalil <mnk59@yahoo. co.uk>
        To: pakhtu@yahoogroups. com
        Date: Tuesday, 29 September, 2009, 1:18 AM

        ANP blames ‘elements in Pakistan’ for Najib’s murder

        Observes 13th death anniversary of ex-Afghan president

        Monday, September 28, 2009
        By Tauseef-ur-Rahman

        PESHAWAR: Awami National Party provincial president Senator Afrasiyab Khattak Sunday blamed elements in Pakistan for the brutal killing of former Afghan President Dr Najibullah in Kabul 13 years ago.

        “I am of the firm belief that the same elements are again involved in destabilizing Afghanistan as part of their wish to establish their hold on the country,” he said while addressing a ceremony held at the Bacha Khan Markaz to mark the 13th death anniversary of Dr Najib.

        A large number of ANP activists, members of national and provincial assemblies and office-bearers of the party were present on the occasion.

        Khattak said inhumane killing of Dr Najib and anti-reconciliatory politics not only sowed the seeds of terrorism in Afghanistan but also engulfed the entire tribal belt and Frontier province of Pakistan.

        History has proved that those responsible for the ruthless assassination and hanging of Dr Najib subsequently played havoc not only with the people of Afghanistan but also with Pakistan, which is presently being witnessed in Malakand division, Waziristan, other parts tribal areas and NWFP, he said.

        Khattak said Dr Najib was a beacon of light for those who believe in peace, progress and prosperity of Afghans, adding that he envisioned a free, democratic and developed Afghanistan for which he negotiated with all stakeholders including his bitter Afghan mujahideen rivals.

        Had Geneva accord been implemented in letter and spirit, this region would not have witnessed the atrocities of terrorism, extremism and civil strife, he said.

        He said Dr Najib was also a staunch supporter of regional cooperation and tried to keep good relations with Pakistan, but, unfortunately, the elements in Pakistan who were at the helm of affairs were interested in conquering Afghanistan rather to establish cordial relations as a neighbour.

        NWFP Information Minister Mian Iftikhar Hussain, in his speech, eulogised the sacrifices of the former Afghan president. He said the forces behind the murder of Dr Najib were jubilant at their apparent success of eliminating a progressive Pakhtun nationalist, but, of course, they were not aware of the tragic fact that they had unleashed the forces of evil and obscurantism.

        He said Dr Najib faced martyrdom at the hands of those who have evil designs and desires that resulted in destablisation of the entire region. “The “evil forces” killed Dr Najib in a very humiliating and brutal manner and entire Pakhtun nation could not forget that humiliation and will keep on the struggle against those anti-humanist forces,” he said.

        Dr Najib was the voice of love, peace and reconciliation, which was not acceptable to anti-afghans. “Today, ANP is facing the same enemy that killed Dr Najib and we pledge that the party will continue its efforts till to elimination of such evil forces,” he remarked.

        Abdul Latif Afridi, senior leader of the ANP, stated in his speech that Dr Najib took power at a very critical stage of Afghan history. “At that time, the situation in Afghanistan was much worse than we are facing today in our province, but Dr Najib ran the affairs with great wisdom and acumen,” he said. Sher Mohammad Khan, advocate, said Dr Najib was a man of words.

      • Mohammad Ayub Khan Yousafzai
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 2, 2009
          Bro be patient. ANP was demanding military action in Malakand and after two years of slaughtering, they started it. Now this operation is underway and every one knows what they are doing.

          Afrasiab is not like me and you but the provincial president of anp which is rullying this province and is a shore holder in the federal government. In other words from whom he is demanding. does he know that he demands it from himself. If he or his party no say in the government, if the provincial government has no power to fight back a couple of thousand taliban then what the hell is the government for. why not pack up and go home.

          This is not the time for making demand as I said, this is the time for doring some thing. alas if they find time from other serious businessed, then they would be able to help the poor pashtoon survive this mercileess ansuaght. by the way the whole world know about whatever is goving on in the power corridor these days. Tell me what you want to do and I will let you know the price. If you are able to pay, you got it.

          ayub Jan

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 2, 2009
            APDM is dead hoarse and those working under APDM were demanding democracy. The problem is that all those anti pashtoon elements who either worked for ISI in Afghanistan or sold Pashtoon interest in Pakistan are sitting in ANP. If you dont believe, check from the top to bottom. Latif Lala and Afrasiab worked together under communist party and you know by then, how the russian Kgb worked.

            Forget about them, tell me today, how much corruption is going on. anything under the sun is on shelf. you just need to have the highest price. so the killing of dr. najib also paid and those were saying najib wali bi bi had no time to give shelter to his mother and sister. the mother of shaheed dr. najib met an trafic accident on university road and died. shame on those who brought truck full of carpets and other gifts and shame on those enjoyed dr, najib hospitality for years, but when the time came, they disappeared and no one was ready to give helping hand to his crying cokai sister.

            I can tell a touand and one stories about these fake and so called nationalist but let the led be on the top of this dirty pot.

            ayub jan

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 5, 2009
              Hi dears,
              Pashtuns never insult the dead enemy. Never. Even the worst Pashtun can not do this. Its the job of external hands.
              Dr Najib did not agreed to sign on the Durand line acceptance letter, therefor he was insulted. Salute to HIM.
              regards
              jamshid