RE: [pakhtu] Death of Bugti: the death of a Pashtun

  • Brain
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2006
      Mohammad Akbar Khan Bugti was a Nawab - and Nawab rules without any
      constituency and law - his word is the law; whatever he did was the
      discipline maintained by any such a Nawab. But when he opted for
      Pakistan at the time of creation; whatever he was doing it was
      justified. He elected elections, sat in the National Assembly, addressed
      the National Assembly in Balochi language and joined many political
      coalitions and alliance - then it was alright. Now that he pressed for
      the rights of Baloch and royalty in Gas, he became traitor and oppressor
      and what not? But, he was the man who proved his worth - he did not bow
      his head - he realized the notion of Khushal Khan Khattak the great
      warrior poet who lived in 17th century, having said in couplet:
      Two alternatives for the honoured are ahead;
      Raise the head, or raze the head;
      He raised the head and razed the head but did not bow the head.
      It was not only the Nawab, but most of his family members stood fast
      beside him and offered sacrifices.
      Nawab Akbar Bugti is now 'the martyr for a cause' - the beacon light for
      oppressed nationalities of Pakistan - Pukhtun, Baloch and Sindhi against
      the descendants of Maharaja Ranjit Singh.

      Sher Zaman Taizi.

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
        Excellent analysis Dr Saab.
        I don't know, how much also was Dr Shazia rape case, a factor in
        turning Baloch against the 85% punjab's army.
        There Mushy bhai, personally took the side of the Oppressor, army-
        captain, rather than the poor oppressed woman

        Later Mushy, while a bit carried away, after a little drink, in US,
        degraded all women, by saying that it had become a culture in
        Pasiktan, to get raped, and get visas to Canada and the west

        What Baloch, Sindhis and pashtuns are asking is their God given
        right. It is their right for dignity and progress. Which no nation
        can ever achieve under the bondages of slavery, exploitation, and
        occupation !